Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,i have a problem i have these little red dots(they look like dry pimples) on my shoulders and upper back i always had but now i want to remove them can anyone recommend something i can do?here's a pictures thanks

http ://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8110/shouldersef8.jpg

·
Registered
86 Posts
sorry let me explain..Keratosis pilaris is completely harmless. It is usually worse during the winter months or other times of low humidity when skin dries out. THis happens when the dead skin that usually flakes off does not do so.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You know, I have this same thing on my arms. I've tried exfoliating and using AHA's, but they have not been helpful.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think that might be something people I know have referred to as "winter bumps" - not that they're only there just in the winter but I guess it's just a slang term. I don't know if there is any remedy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It looks like the same thing that my 16 yr. old son has.

He has it from suffering from acne most of his teenage life.

I just have him use an exfoliating cloth that I buy at The Body Shop.

Although, it didn't completely get rid of it-it helped the look of it.

You may want to visit a dermatologist to get some additional tips and maybe a prescription.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
it is inherited and improves with age. Using mild soaps, without detergents in them may help. There are also many tips to improve this condition on emedicine.com. Also there are a couple of medicated creams to help. Check it out.! My husband has the same condition, but has dramatically improved since switching to organic products and glycerin soap. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
try rutin supplements takes a couple of months to kick in but i have not had these since. and that was a few years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts