Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I'm new on here and have come for some advice in this new problem I'm having. A couple weeks ago my husband looked at me and said whats wrong with your eye? I then looked in the mirror and noticed I had this patch of skin right under my eye to the inside that was all wrinkled up. I've been having problems with my under eyes getting dried out and burning. I thought maybe it had to do with the make-up I was using so I threw it away and bought new. That didn't seem to help because now the other side is doing it and my eyes look like they have aged 20 years over night. I didn't know if maybe this was something I should go to the dermatologist for or if anybody knew of a good product or any advice for me. I would really appreciate any help anybody could give me!
Thank you so much!!!

Kristin

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site, the best thing you can do first of all is get yourself a good spf! then invest in a good eye cream rich but none greasy, I strongly suggest you cruise the beauty counter and ask for a few samples and try then till you find one that you like and fits your budget. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello,

l am only 1 year older than you & my husband said a similar thing to me a few months ago, & a friend got me onto 'artisty' time defiance lifting eye creme....... such a great product.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi-

I'm new on here and have come for some advice in this new problem I'm having. A couple weeks ago my husband looked at me and said whats wrong with your eye? I then looked in the mirror and noticed I had this patch of skin right under my eye to the inside that was all wrinkled up. I've been having problems with my under eyes getting dried out and burning. I thought maybe it had to do with the make-up I was using so I threw it away and bought new. That didn't seem to help because now the other side is doing it and my eyes look like they have aged 20 years over night. I didn't know if maybe this was something I should go to the dermatologist for or if anybody knew of a good product or any advice for me. I would really appreciate any help anybody could give me!
Thank you so much!!!

Kristin
Does anyone know if Kristin can use a Retin-A product at her age?

If you're using makeup and especially concealer, I would get organic makeup (no preservatives or chemicals) - you can find it at Whole Foods or online. They can be expensive! I heard bare minerals has something in it that is damaging to the skin, and the silicone primer they make you put on beforehand isn't good for the skin.

Also make sure you get enough sleep, don't stay up late into the night using the computer or watching tv. If you're on a computer (non lap-top) all day get a UV screen for it. Try to sleep on your back instead of on the side of your face. Drink plenty of water, eat a nutritious diet and if you're stressed out learn to relax - stress can definitely age the skin.

I've just discovered squalene ultra fine oil - I'm not sure if it can be used during the day - I'm going to post a question on this - but here's a description:

Squalene Skin Oil penetrates deep into the skin to help accelerate new cell growth, quiet skin, heal burns, protect from the elements, and soothe shaving irritations.

Instructions: After your morning or nighttime cleansing apply Mayumi Squalane, then if you wish your moisturizer and/or cream over it. Or just apply Mayumi by itself.

Additional Info: Natural Skin Supplement From the Sea. Softens, diminishes tiny facial lines. Heals, soothes dry, irritated skin. Creates a barrier to protect your skin against the harsh environment. Apply throughout the day to rough, dry areas of the body. Also to sunburned skin. Smoothes your skin for flawless make-up applications. As a base it makes your moisturizer and facial treatment work more effectively. Squalane is 100% compatible with the natural oils of your body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts