Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just joined the forum today because I've seen some great advice given on this site and I've been having a bit of an image crisis!

I'm turning 21 (turning 22 tomorrow actually) and about two months ago I woke up and saw lines under my eyes. The lines extend from my inner eye and out. They match up with my expression lines when I smile. I also have really tiny lines coming out from the lower rim of my eyes. I have no lines anywhere else and I'm actually complimented regularly on the smoothness and shine of my skin. I've been told that my skin is dehydrated and I need to increase my water intake. I am honestly quite desperate to get rid of them because I feel like I look older than I am and it's keeping me from leaving the house somedays! Please any help, advice, and/or insight would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Congratulations on your birthday!

Yes, water intake is important. You could also increase your fruit and vegetable intake, they hydrate skin even better than water does. At least Dr. Murad says so.
Maybe you should invest in a good hydrating eye cream or moisturizing serum with hyaluronic acid in it. It may not erase the existing damage, but it could prevent future damage.
Using a gentle mineral based sunscreen around eyes might prevent damage from sun and collagen breakdown.
Sleeping on your back helps a lot too. When I sleep with my face down I wake up all puffy and stuff. There are lots of people on this forum who swear by silk pillowcases and sleeping on ones back.
For me the best thing is exercise, when I'm active my skin gets kind of plumped up and it heps with my under eye lines and dark circles. So, do something for your circulation, it gives a better skin tone too.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Definitely stay hydrated and eat healthy. Five servings of fruits & vegetables a day. Also wear a good sunblock and sunglasses if you are prone to squinting. I wear sunglasses even on cloudy days...got to keep the wrinkles away
I use a silk pillowcase and have trained myself to sleep on my back. I would also recommend a good eye cream that doesn't prevent milia. I use Bright I Cream Skin Actives Scientific : Bright-I Cream.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Order a "greens powder" from swansonvitamins.com and mix one tablespoon of that to one tablespoon of a fiber power in an 8 ounce glass of water. the greens powder has 25 plant and vitamins ground up essential for immune system functioning.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts