Skin Care Talk banner

help for sagging neck?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fawnie 
#1 ·
I've lost a lot of weight (like, 100 pounds over the past two years) and am noticing a little sagging skin under my chin. It's not a lot, but is bothering me greatly and I'm concerned that it will get worse as I lose the last 20 pounds or so. Are there any creams/lotions/potions that anyone's used successfully to firm up this area, even temporarily? I understand that nothing short of surgery may be able to actually tighten the skin, but something that makes it temporarily appear tighter would be a big help. I'm about to turn 40. Anyone had any luck with exercises?

Also, I notice that there are some DIY serums discussed here -- I just ran across a "Do-It-Yourself Anti-Aging Skin Care Infopack" ebook written by a Dr. Todorov, which is about making your own formulations.... I like the idea but am wondering if it's worth the $. Anyone heard of it?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Neck Creams are key in the anti aging skin care routine. I try to justify it like this: you spend all that money on your under-eye area and face, but the moment you take off your shirt you are exposing some bad skin. It's a necessary component in my humble opinion.

#6 ·
I lost 36 pounds a few years ago and noticed sagging under my skin as well.,,not necessarily hanging skin but more like skin that isn't *taut* like it should be. I tried so many different creams specifically for the neck and didn't find one that worked. I find that what I use on my face helps my neck AND facial exercises is key to getting the neck back in shape. But you need to be consistent. I use Vit C, and Skinactives moisturizer for my face and neck as well as Hyaluronic Acid Serum ( I add it to my moisturizer if my skin in winter when my skin is dry.
HTH

#7 ·
I agree. Since the facial skin and neck skin is attached by connective tissue to the underlying muscles, exercising the appropriate muscles will help firm up the skin and take up some of the slack. We lose volume in the face as we age and exercise can build that back into the face by firming up muscle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.