Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have halo nevus on the front of my face. For those who don't know what that is it is basically a white depigmented spot that forms around the moles when it is trying to destroy it. So i had the mole removed but the spot is still there. It is the size of a dime! My dermotologist said that the pigmentation should come back within the year that the mole was removed. It has now been over a year and i am really losing hope. I am a very tan guy so it look even worse on me. It looks very unnatractive. The same thing happened to a mole on the side of my face but i had that mole punch excitioned out so it looks more like a white line. It has reallly hurt my self confidence and it is hard for me to even make eye contact with people anymore. If anyone knows of any kind of treatment, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi,
you can wear sunscreen so you get red of the tan quickly, you can also use hydroquinone 4% and exfoliate with retin A creams to even out your skin tone.
use HQ every other day
on the days you dont use HQ use retin A
remember no scrubbing no rubbing be gentle with your skin

good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,
you can wear sunscreen so you get red of the tan quickly, you can also use hydroquinone 4% and exfoliate with retin A creams to even out your skin tone.
use HQ every other day
on the days you dont use HQ use retin A
remember no scrubbing no rubbing be gentle with your skin

good luck
Thanks! I'll try that. What exactly are those products though? What do they do?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Erolin, welcome.

Yellowleave, Erolin wants to pigment/darken the white spot not depigment/lighten it. I've included a pic of how the spot would look like around a mole but this is on lighter skin. He said he's a very tan guy. So, using HQ and Retin A will not darken the spot as these are lightening products. Perhaps you were mistaken by what he meant, that's ok. Its good you have suggested use of sunscreen because the skin is sensitive to light and can easily be burnt.

Erolin sorry for feeling down about this. Yes, the white halo skin should have pigmented by now, may be yours is taking a little bit longer. If I know of what do will let you know. Hope others can offer their knowledge too. Please use sunscreen on the area in the meantime.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah sorry if i confused you guys, thanks though!
I'll definently start wearing suncscreen to get rid of this tan in the meantime!
Hopefully it is just taking a little longer than normal for the pigment to return.
I'll keep you posted if i notice any changes
Thank you!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Erolin. You'll wear sunscreen to get rid of the tan? I'm not following you on that. The sunscreen is meant to protect the sensitive depigmented area. Hope you'll be okay.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump! still have these white spots. the dermo told me that it would take a year for pigmentation to come back and still nope. Sometimes I think they just tell you what you want to hear.I've been covering it with cosmetic concealer but i hate having to wear makeup cus I'm a guy and its just really annoying. Anyway just thought i'd update you guys.

·
Registered
379 Posts
you could rutinely put self tanner over that lightened area, or you could get that place tatooed over with your natural skin color.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you could rutinely put self tanner over that lightened area, or you could get that place tatooed over with your natural skin color.
Tanner?? Really? What kind specifically would you reccomend? And would the tatoo thing really look natural?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts