Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some dark spots and freckles I wanted to get rid of and tried using lemon juice as a remedy for it. I applied the lemon juice overnight for 1 -2 days and now my skin has broken out in tiny raised spots all over my face.

I did not read that I was only suppose to leave it on for 15 minutes or so. I've stopped using the lemon juice and its been 3-4 days but my skin still has these raised spots and is not clearing up.

Should I use a moisturizer, or wait for it to clear up naturally, or try something else??

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
This sounds like a mild contact dermatitis. You just aggravated your skin and ideally should just let it calm down and keep it clean.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm not in the medical field and am still a newbie here, but it sounds like you've irritated the skin, not permanently damaged it. Lemon juice has a PH of 2.0, and skin has a PH of 4.5 - 5.5 approximately. You've maybe stripped your skin a bit and it's reacting by showing signs of irritation. Be kind to it for the next few days until they subside - no exfoliating, keep in clean and don't pick with dirty fingers either. Maybe get a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or something. Do you tend to be oily or dry? If dry, similar-to-sebum type oils might be calming, like jojoba, sweet almond, or emu oil. Sometimes you can find sweet almond in a grocery or drug store, but all are available online.

When things settle, try Hydroquinone 4% and/or Retin-A and a DIY Vitamin C serum. In the meantime, scan the wonderful posts here on this forum. Some great tips and advice, along with results.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I second Clabbergirl & Lexi. This sounds inconvenient, but temporary. Wait until it clears naturally. For moisture, apply a touch of olive oil or sweet almond oil. Many commercial moisturizers have all sorts of weird ingredients in them that may cause further irritation. Cetaphil is a great idea as is thew Spectrojel for sensitive skin. Please let us know how fast this clears up: there are other home chemists & narueal blend users that will benefit from your observations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts