Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for an everyday mens face moisturizer / cream that will do all in one, help prevent acne, aging, protect from sun, firm and clear skin up, erase lines, etc. My face in bad shape these days, i got crazy lines accross face from under inner eye corner diaganolly down face. Ive tried everything to get rid of those and my mild acne. Im only 20 lol so if your have experiance and know a good product that helps please list that and any advice. Thanks!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Products ive tried/used in past 9months

Neutrogena Visibly Firm Face lotion w/ spf 20
Jack black line smoother face moisturizer
Herbalife eye gel
Olay 7x serum
Olay Night firming cream
Acne free products

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Dude!

You're on the right track with Neutrogena I think. You might like their products labeled "Stress Control" for acne. There is a scrub and a spot treatment lotion and a daily lotion.
It isn't all in one, so you still need to apply a high protection sunscreen.
The Dry Touch Sunscreen by Neutrogena is not greasy but still gives good SPF protection.
If you shop around for sunscreen, the really best ones have Mexoryl or tinosorb listed as one of the ingredients. This means that the sunscreen chemicals won't break down while on your skin so you will get better protection. If you are outside, you DO need to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours! Especially if you sweat.

Your best bet in your 20's is PROTECTION! If you use a decent sunscreen NOW you will have less sun damage to correct LATER!!! It really does make a difference!

I hope this might be some help to you! Thanks for joining!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep im currently using that Neutrogena Visibly firm face lotion moisturizer with spf 20 throughout day. And for acne neutrogena spot gel treatment. Although im having no luck lol dont think lotion is firming, and still have acne.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Im looking for an everyday mens face moisturizer / cream that will do all in one, help prevent acne, aging, protect from sun, firm and clear skin up, erase lines, etc. My face in bad shape these days, i got crazy lines accross face from under inner eye corner diaganolly down face. Ive tried everything to get rid of those and my mild acne. Im only 20 lol so if your have experiance and know a good product that helps please list that and any advice. Thanks!!
Have you ever tried a face peel? An all in one product, isn't out there, sorry, lol, I wish it were. How bad is your acne? Mild, severe?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've used proactive mask, but my acne just mild, it comes n goes, however my lines I discused been there for months its my main problem.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Mild acne is workable-lol when using acne products look for salicylic acid. Most over the counter salicylic acid products have 2% salicylic in them. Which is good. I had more than mild acne so I had to use more than 2% and eventually had to take Accutane. I am acne free now.

As far as your lines go, and if this is sun damage lines, I would look at a facial peel. You can do them at home. But in order for any of your products to work, you need to get that sun damaged skin off so your products can penetrate into your skin. Look at this link. I hope this helps answer a few questions.

Anti Aging Skin Care - Beta Hydroxy Acid for Aging Skin and Wrinkles

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
At 20 i would not look into anti aging products, this can do your skin more harm than good in the long wrong! I do agree with facial peels and dermabrasion but however would look at going to the spa to get this done as this will be far more effective than at home ones, especially for a first time user!

I think that neutragena is quite harsh on the face and personally prefer la roche posay biomedic which is a gentle wash!

You dont though want to put too much on your face at 20 and do need to be careful what you use, however i would start using high spf 50 if you can and may be look into making up your own vit c serum like a lot of us have done on the sight, this can help exfoliate the dead slowly too!

Also clay masks with if you tea tree oil drops and homemade yoghurt masks if you put some lemon on this too are good for any damage on the face! However this does sting at first but i got used to it and it does leave my skin clear though! Exfoliate after about 2,3 days of doing this though!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cheked out that link then i found Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Acne Wash but like i said my acne is mild so its not my main problem, my over the counter stuff gets me by. But my lines that i believe are a cause of sun damage is my main problem. How were you saying to get damaged skin off? What kind mask/peel? And is this normal for guys lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for advice iluvny but i dont plan on trying anything that stings or going to a spa haha lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look at my profile photo and you can kinda see the line im talkn about its really just bad on my right side of face.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Dudei would see a dermo and get proper help, over using too many products can cause your skin further damage especially at 20 your to young to use anti age stuff!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aspirin masks look like more for acne lol and i dont think guys should go to spa for peel.
Judging by what ive said and my photo. Do i need face product or under eye product? Thanks!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone ever tried unversity medical wrinkle free eyes? They have like pads/mask that go under eye. Im thinkin it might help.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I cheked out that link then i found Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Acne Wash but like i said my acne is mild so its not my main problem, my over the counter stuff gets me by. But my lines that i believe are a cause of sun damage is my main problem. How were you saying to get damaged skin off? What kind mask/peel? And is this normal for guys lol.
Peter Thomas Roth has a product called Complexion Pads. You could use that. Philosophy has one too. It is a 2 step process. First apply this sugar like scrub then apply a salicylic serum. No you don't have to go to a spa to have this done. A peel doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. They sell them at loads of places. And no you aren't too young. You are never too young to start caring for your skin. I have a 21 year old, yes he is a boy, and he uses Peter Thomas Roth products and uses the complexion pads. So go for it! Thats my opinion
But you also must get in the habit of using sunscreen!!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts