Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sure this may have been talked about more than 12334253667 times. BUT, Lets keep this simple. What is the best facial moisurizer? or is this just on personal preferance?

I use the oil free neutrogena one now and it doesnt seem like it works good.

Any help?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I like IS Clinical Youth Complex. It gets rid of the crinkles and fine lines and gives a glow. Dermstore.com has it.

Yes, it is totally individual! And what works one day may not be good the next. I switch around a lot depending on the weather, the phase of the moon and the look of my skin that day! Sunscreen is always, though!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
698 Posts
At the moment I use good old simple Aveeno, I think it pretty much does the trick. Though I also moisturise my face with bio oil every other day

·
Registered
698 Posts
Typically it is used for stretch marks, but my siser (who is a pharmacist) recommended I use it for dehydrated skin. I generally have combination skin, but I sometimes get very dry cheeks, so this is great for that. Its very absorbing, so won't make your skin feel greasy at all. I usually wear it under my normal moisturiser. I was also told it help fade scars, though I haven't got any scars on my face so I don't know if that is true.
However a lady I used to work with had a large scar on her chest from surgery and I know she used bio oil on this twice a day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like IS Clinical Youth Complex. It gets rid of the crinkles and fine lines and gives a glow. Dermstore.com has it.

Yes, it is totally individual! And what works one day may not be good the next. I switch around a lot depending on the weather, the phase of the moon and the look of my skin that day! Sunscreen is always, though!
Hi Fawnie. Thanks for that. I think my skin isnt ready for that yet. Im only 25. Do you have any other suggesstions?

Also, do you guys put this around your eye area in the morning too?

·
Registered
353 Posts
My vote goes to "Jojoba Oil" as the best darn moisturizer, which is great for ALL skin types..

- Technically it is a wax ester, and not an oil at all, but the consistency (at room temp) is oil like. It's not greasy though, and a little absorbs in quite quickly and nicely.

- It is almost identical to the sebum our skin produces naturally, and our skin recognizes it that way, and readily absorbs it..

- For those with acneic or oily skin, you will probably find great improvement to those issues, with regular Jojoba use.. Because it is so much like our own sebum, it can actually *trick* your skin into recognizing it as sebum, thereby cutting down production on a too oily skin.

- Those with sensitive skin, psoriasis or Rosacea, will also benefit from this great product, as it has a gentle calming effect, and is just so darn pure.

- It acts as a *pusher*, when applied 10 minutes after other beneficial actives or serums you might be using, and will push those actives deeper into the dermis.

It can easily be mixed into a serum or moisturizer you have on hand, or for those who like a more dewey look, a few drops on it's own can be rubbed in.. It's a breeze to formulate with also, for all the DIY'ers out there..

Love this stuff!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
My vote goes to "Jojoba Oil" as the best darn moisturizer, which is great for ALL skin types..

- Technically it is a wax ester, and not an oil at all, but the consistency (at room temp) is oil like. It's not greasy though, and a little absorbs in quite quickly and nicely.

- It is almost identical to the sebum our skin produces naturally, and our skin recognizes it that way, and readily absorbs it..

- For those with acneic or oily skin, you will probably find great improvement to those issues, with regular Jojoba use.. Because it is so much like our own sebum, it can actually *trick* your skin into recognizing it as sebum, thereby cutting down production on a too oily skin.

- Those with sensitive skin, psoriasis or Rosacea, will also benefit from this great product, as it has a gentle calming effect, and is just so darn pure.

- It acts as a *pusher*, when applied 10 minutes after other beneficial actives or serums you might be using, and will push those actives deeper into the dermis.

It can easily be mixed into a serum or moisturizer you have on hand, or for those who like a more dewey look, a few drops on it's own can be rubbed in.. It's a breeze to formulate with also, for all the DIY'ers out there..

Love this stuff!
Kassy I can't agree with you more!! I always have jojoba oil handy and available in my house-works great!!
Add a few drops to your body lotion and you are good to go

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use Nuxe for early signs of wrinkles- its not easily avaiable everywhere and costs alot, but its a tried and tested product for me. I keep comming back to it with my tail between my legs when other products have let me down or worse- caused me problems.

I have used in the past:
Kiehl's ultra moisturiser- I wanted to love this, truely I did (hence buying the largest tub) but it actually made my skin burn around my eyes! Very odd- but otherwise a nice fine cream.
Clinique Dramaticly different moisturiser: did not work for me. And smelt oddly of kids paint! doesn't deserve the high price tag in my experience.
Simple range: left my skin with an oily waxy film and a shiny look.
Boots No.7, left me with spots- big pussy whiteheads, about one every other day would appear on my cheeks or near my ears- odd! went away once I stopped using it!
Chanel- only had some samples- beautiful stiff but soooo pricey!
Origins: loved this, but my skin only likes it in small doeses. I either end up with dry skin, or oily skin residue. Annoying as its not cheap!
Nivea: DNAge is ok, but still slighly too dense for my skin which seemed to lose its glow when using it. The original formula just gave me spots where it had blocked my skin.
Decolor. Good products but only ever had samples of the stuff, they are not cheap!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts