Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks to everyone that commented, I followed everyone’s advice and this is what my hand looks like now
I know it’s not perfect but it’s a lot better than it was when the incident happened 4929475E-F071-40B5-B282-F2849BD8474C_1589650017316.jpg

·
Registered
527 Posts
I always tell people stay away from Retin A. I hate that product! It truly destroys peoples skin.

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
I always tell people stay away from Retin A. I hate that product! It truly destroys peoples skin.
Its actually a God send when used correctly. It will only destroy when not used properly.... @slayanna tell me about this new avi, I didn't recognize you had to do a double take :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
Thanks to everyone that commented, I followed everyone’s advice and this is what my hand looks like now
I know it’s not perfect but it’s a lot better than it was when the incident happened View attachment 66101
So happy you are seeing progress, keep doing what your doing and be sure your avoid any sunlight :heart:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Its actually a God send when used correctly. It will only destroy when not used properly.... @slayanna tell me about this new avi, I didn't recognize you had to do a double take :thumbsup:
It's true when used properly it can work but the thing is you have to continue using it to maintain. And it's true only bad when it's used incorrectly. I had some terrible Retin A damage on my face about a year ago and I took a whole year off doing skin building. :( I lost my avi. When I came back to SCT it was gone. Missed you @gymrat

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's true when used properly it can work but the thing is you have to continue using it to maintain. And it's true only bad when it's used incorrectly. I had some terrible Retin A damage on my face about a year ago and I took a whole year off doing skin building. :( I lost my avi. When I came back to SCT it was gone. Missed you @gymrat
@slayanna @gymrat ok I've been using Retin a at night for a very long time. I haven't noticed any flaking or the bad side effects ever. Is my face even normal or Retin a just doesn't work for some people? Or maybe I'll see the benefits only when I'm older

·
Registered
527 Posts
@slayanna @gymrat ok I've been using Retin a at night for a very long time. I haven't noticed any flaking or the bad side effects ever. Is my face even normal or Retin a just doesn't work for some people? Or maybe I'll see the benefits only when I'm older
@Goldencream Have you ever stopped using Retin A for any period of time? I used Retin A on and off for about 5 years. One year ago I completely stopped for good after I took a higher concentration Retin A that burned my forehead and between my eyebrows and left me with fine lines, hyper pigmentation and pores that I never had before. I completely broke down crying. My forehead completely recovered but in between my eyebrows I have huge pores that I never had before. I took Glutathione and Vitamin C for 3 months. Then I started skin building with micro needling. I did micro needling myself applying Vitamin C and hyaluranic acid and then saved up to go to a clinic to do micro needling with PRP therapy to rebuild collagen. I also got botox so my skin could heal as much as possible during my skin building process (sounds crazy but I did what I had to do). It was an intense year. In the entire year I was recovering I only used moisturizers - Vitamin E and oils like coconut etc. Other people that see me tell me they don't notice anything but I guess I notice my pores in between my eyebrows more than they do. But anyway thank God I improved. I'm not perfect but I am much better than I was a year ago. I decided for MY SKIN less is more. Retin A was making my skin more sensitive and thinner. There are other ways to build collagen without thinning skin. Everyone has a choice about whether or not to use Retin A and for me it's a no. In my family people usually have smooth skin even into their 60's and all they use is moisturizer - I don't want to thin out my skin from that natural protection that runs in my family because usually brown skin people have thicker skin naturally and Retin A will make your skin thinner and more sensitive. Anyway I'm continuing to skin build for my face and plan to do more micro needling sessions when coronavirus is over.

·
Registered
294 Posts
@Goldencream Have you ever stopped using Retin A for any period of time? I used Retin A on and off for about 5 years. One year ago I completely stopped for good after I took a higher concentration Retin A that burned my forehead and between my eyebrows and left me with fine lines, hyper pigmentation and pores that I never had before. I completely broke down crying. My forehead completely recovered but in between my eyebrows I have huge pores that I never had before. I took Glutathione and Vitamin C for 3 months. Then I started skin building with micro needling. I did micro needling myself applying Vitamin C and hyaluranic acid and then saved up to go to a clinic to do micro needling with PRP therapy to rebuild collagen. I also got botox so my skin could heal as much as possible during my skin building process (sounds crazy but I did what I had to do). It was an intense year. In the entire year I was recovering I only used moisturizers - Vitamin E and oils like coconut etc. Other people that see me tell me they don't notice anything but I guess I notice my pores in between my eyebrows more than they do. But anyway thank God I improved. I'm not perfect but I am much better than I was a year ago. I decided for MY SKIN less is more. Retin A was making my skin more sensitive and thinner. There are other ways to build collagen without thinning skin. Everyone has a choice about whether or not to use Retin A and for me it's a no. In my family people usually have smooth skin even into their 60's and all they use is moisturizer - I don't want to thin out my skin from that natural protection that runs in my family because usually brown skin people have thicker skin naturally and Retin A will make your skin thinner and more sensitive. Anyway I'm continuing to skin build for my face and plan to do more micro needling sessions when coronavirus is over.
I usually stop using it and come back to it with no issues at all. My skin has never really reacted to Retin a in a bad way. Maybe because I have really smooth facial skin with no issues .

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
Thats wierd your avi was gone, its funny how you get to know members by their avi then they switch and it takes me a minute to catch on :eek: I missed you too, seems like you've been MIA forever!! I hope you are doing well :heart:

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
I usually stop using it and come back to it with no issues at all. My skin has never really reacted to Retin a in a bad way. Maybe because I have really smooth facial skin with no issues .
What % are you using? @Goldencream? I typically don't have any issues with RA either and I've been using it for years......I use .04% Micro version if I bumped up to .1% I will get some serious flaking going on, not all the time, but every now and again.

Do you use peels at all??

·
Registered
294 Posts
What % are you using? @Goldencream? I typically don't have any issues with RA either and I've been using it for years......I use .04% Micro version if I bumped up to .1% I will get some serious flaking going on, not all the time, but every now and again.

Do you use peels at all??
@gymrat I've been using .1% for long. Maybe I'll see the benefits when I get older

21 - 32 of 32 Posts