Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well these past years, i have been struggling with acne. I don't know how to categorize my acne, but when i break out, alot of times i will get whiteheads, which stay for about a day, then just get red, and scar for awhile. I do see a dermatoligist, and i'm perscribed to Minocycline 100mg twice a day, Sulfacetamide Sodium gel type stuff in the morning, and Tazorac cream at night. And for wash i have been using just Clearasil, but my mom recently bought me some stuff from The Body Shop, it's called "Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser" and i also got "Aloe Calming Moisturizing Cream". I've stopped using the Clearasil temporarily just to give this Aloe stuff a try. But i'm not sure which is better for my face. Anyways, does anybody have any ideas for me as to things i can do better to clear up my face? Or advice, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you,

-Taylor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, Taylor!

The antibiotics your dermatologist recommended will control the acne bacteria, and a good cleansing routine will surely help your skin recover its old shape.

In this context, choosing an adequate cleanser is really important, so be sure to use a natural product (aloe is always a good option); no chemicals, no comedogenic components! Your skin is at a very delicate stage, so make sure to treat it properly.

Charlotte. T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for the response! So I should probably stick to the Aloe cleanser over the Clearasil?

The only thing that is different about the Aloe cleanser is that it's in a lotion form. Whenever I think about cleansing I always think of soap suds, but maybe the lotion type of cleanser is just as good? I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I've used clearasil and I also feel that it isn't potent stuff. I think it's very very neutral stuff that won't interact with any other medication or products that you're using. It has its purpose, but don't be afraid to go with something that you like better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks for the link freddy my nine year old daughter has developed premature acne.i think commercial chemical or acne products would be too harsh for her skin shes so young.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts