Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have short, straight, dry hair. My hair frizzes a lot whenever I get out of the shower and I just can't seem to find a solution to keep it down and healthy. Does anyone reccomend a product line or treatment for my hair?
Also, even though I have short hair (doesn't even reach my ears. btw I'm a guy) it's a little tangled and a comb doesn't seem to work for some reason.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi Trouble,
I have had great success with Ovation Hair Therapy, it's pricey but worth it!
About $96 for the shampoo, creme rinse, and the cell therapy, I recommend all three.
I don't know about the frizzy but for condition, growth, shine, and restoration it's the best product I've ever used.
Good Luck,
Windisea

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Trouble
What shampoo are you using? Maybe a hydrating shampoo would be better for you to get rid of the tangles. Stay away from Pantene though - it gives you waxy buildup and coats the scalp and contains SLS which can make the hair thinner.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
529 Posts
i thought pantene strips the hair down and then builds it back up with chemicals lol?

ive been using TRESemmÃa9 products for a few days now

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hello Trouble, my son has massively thick dry hair, he actually runs his fingers lightly through coconut oil, then runs his fingers through his hair. His hair actually seems more manageable. Hope this helps ya!

·
Registered
529 Posts
doesnt that then have a heavy lingering smell of coconut tho
?

one day i wanna try old school pomade lol

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
doesnt that then have a heavy lingering smell of coconut tho
?

one day i wanna try old school pomade lol
No smell in coconut oil Kamakaze.

And what is your idea of "old school pomade?" Like what they used in Grease?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I have short, straight, dry hair. My hair frizzes a lot whenever I get out of the shower and I just can't seem to find a solution to keep it down and healthy. Does anyone reccomend a product line or treatment for my hair?
Also, even though I have short hair (doesn't even reach my ears. btw I'm a guy) it's a little tangled and a comb doesn't seem to work for some reason.
This is the product line my boys (17 & 21) use. Hard Up, and Control Maniac are favorites.
Short ( Products (( Sexy Hair

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trouble
What shampoo are you using? Maybe a hydrating shampoo would be better for you to get rid of the tangles. Stay away from Pantene though - it gives you waxy buildup and coats the scalp and contains SLS which can make the hair thinner.
I've been using whatever's in the shower, really. So far it's Garnier Fructis or something like that. The Sheen system. Recommend any shampoo that smells nice that could help?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You might laugh but what my son and I use is tail n' mane! Works great no smell and it really does a great job for cheap! I have fine straight limp hair and I get no snags or knots. My son has really thick hair that tends to get frizzy but the tail n' mane works for us. Try it before you knock it. it really does the job without a whole lot of chemicals that you don't need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts