Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya everyone!!

Ok...so I joined this forum because I think I have pretty good skin...or at least had pretty good skin :-s

Recently it really looks limp and off colour. The weather in the UK has changed...there has been a heatwave and I know the obvious thing to do is to drink more water to keep yourself hydrated (which maybe I'm not doing enough of :-s)

However, I've recently joined a gym and have been working out intensively. Also, (this is rather embarrassing...eeeks!) I do tend to sweat a lot...I don't think it's a serious problem but I do sweat more than the average laydeee (lolz) I personally blame my genetics! anyways...does anyone know whether the sweat is affecting my skin? Or is it just the weather??

I've never been interested in skincare to be honest...as I said I've always had good/ok skin...i do use cream (occasionally) but is there anything extra I should be doing to bring the life back to my skin??

By the way...sorry if this post is a bit all over the place...I just don't really know how to describe my problem...All I know is that my skin looks really bad at the moment!! Please help!!!

xxx

·
Registered
10 Posts
help needed for dull looking skin...and hello everyone :) x

Well, you say your skin has a dull look, maybe as you've mentioned you are probably not drinking enough water as you sweat a lot. So needing to hydrate could be one reason for the dull skin. I also believe our body needs even more for our skin to be healthy and that is raw vegetable juicing, a lot of work but it can be a big pay off. Then I use a pure and natural skin care product made from goat milk to keep the skin in good shape. If your interested check it out at carlylefarm.com

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Many, many on here faithfully use vitamin c serum in the morning. You put a couple drops of the liquid on your fingers and gently rub into the face.

The serum gives will give you a glow to dull, lifeless looking skin. And long term use of the serum helps reduce wrinkles. as it fights off free radicals from the environment.

Gentle exfoliation could help also to slough off dead skin cells that could be making skin look dull.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello Ekturi...for a dry lifeless dull looking skin, the first thing to do is hydrate yourself..water, water and water...lots of it...dont put much chemicals on your skin as it may strip off (what is left of it) the natural oils...A warm glass of milk mixed with a teaspoon or two of almond oil, before bedtime, can work wonders..Here are a few of my tips:
* Before going for a bath, rub some honey all over your body and leave it on for five to ten minutes. Honey is one of the best natural moisturizers.
* This tip dates back to thousands of years when queens bathed in milk. Yes, soaking in a tub filled with milk and warm water can do wonders for skin!
* Instead of opting for expensive moisturizing creams that are available in the market, rub some sesame oil all over your body after your shower.

hope these simple tips can help you...

·
Registered
628 Posts
I would also add that exercise is wonderful for the skin as well as the body. Gets the circulation going and releases toxins when you sweat. Just as the previous posts mention, drink lots of water.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
help needed for dull looking skin...and hello everyone :) x

If your interested check it out at carlylefarm.com
Naturelover, every one of your posts plugs this internet company. Got anything else to say?

Ekturi, could you please give a detailed description of your skin routine and what your diet generally consists of? Any intake vices you feel you could tell us about (soda, coffee, sugar, etc)?

Katiekins

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi KatieKins
I am sorry to have been posting the site where you can see some awesome, natural skin care products that comes straight from the goats with no added chemicals and preservatives. I'll try to lay off that quote but, it will be hard as I know its all natural and these days its like a needle in a haystack.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Have a glass of warm water with every meal.. helps control the sweat. Ginger baths help you sweat out the toxins so that you can shower again and be fresh.. its an alternate for sauna..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts