Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Claire, im knew to the site and would like a little help in the beauty world.

I work from home as a beauty therapist and have a small amount of good reliable clients and i use dermalogica skincare which is very good. however my friend is moving abroad who is also a beauty therapist but does it freelance, i will be buying her clients from her, but the problem is they are used to alogologie skincare products and they are clients in affluent areas.

so the question is do i have the expense of changing skincare products to keep them happy and does anyone know which one is better?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I'm new to the site, too. I noticed that no one has responded so if my opinion counts for anything I'd say stay with Dermalogica. I use Dermalogica and I love the line! Plus you like it, you know it's reliable because you've used it for a while, and you trust them. I would stick with what I know before switching up to something unfamiliar. Or, why not ask the customers if they are okay with you using a different line (Dermalogica). Explain what you like about them and that you've been using them for a while; or would they feel more comfortable staying with the line they're used to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you are going to include a new range you will need to be trained on total product knowledge. Your customers will feel more confident in you if you know what your using on their faces and your recommendations for their at home skincare. If someone has found a skincare product that works for them they will be reluctant to switch to something new. Have your current products on display and talk about them if you know that they are the best product to use for a skin condition they may have concerns with. If they have heard of Dermalogica they will ask questions and this is your intro to start a discussion with them about this line.
Good luck! Hope all goes exceedingly well for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I lately discovered a new revolutionary product called Argan Oil. I decided to try it because i heard excellent critics when i was in Europe. When i used it, i was pretty amazed with the results. Seconds after using it, i felt a huge difference on my skin. It penetrates instantly and doesn't feel greasy at all. My skin was glowing and felt deeply nourished.It isn't dry anymore and use it to prevent wrinkles. I am actually using a new brand called Sweet Marrakesh. I recommend the Ultimate Argan Gold, it is really awesome, trust me, you will love it. And the best part is this brand is 100% organic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are going to include a new range you will need to be trained on total product knowledge. Your customers will feel more confident in you if you know what your using on their faces and your recommendations for their at home skincare. If someone has found a skincare product that works for them they will be reluctant to switch to something new. Have your current products on display and talk about them if you know that they are the best product to use for a skin condition they may have concerns with. If they have heard of Dermalogica they will ask questions and this is your intro to start a discussion with them about this line.
Good luck! Hope all goes exceedingly well for you.
Yeah, Jill's right. My honest opinion is that you should probably still offer the other clients a choice, at least between the two. Although, you'll have to be trained a bit, and do some research on the products you aren't familiar with. With that being said, I'm sure you could do it though, in no time! Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts