Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so as many of you know, I was involved in a car accident. I didn't exactly smash my face on anything but I did suffer a scrape near my eye. It's not very visible, but visible enough to bother me. The skin itself isn't bad, it's just the hyperpigmentation from the healing that is bothering me.

I'm considering Kojic acid, but I'm looking for other opinions.

Also, would I need to lighten just that area, or my entire face? How long does it take to whiten the whole face? Do I stop at the neck? Do I whiten the ears? What's the deal?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, I'm no expert on lightening, but I know that BHA (salicylic acid) helps fade the hyperpigmentation from healing acne scars. How about an aspirin mask to the area? Or Vitamin E oil with some firm massage? Or BabyQ?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Freddy! I am sorry to hear about your accident. I had no idea about it. I am glad your injuries were minor. Before messing with the healing skin, I'd wait until it ws actually completely healed before attempting to do anything to it. You could affect the scar formation & make it worse. Once it is healed, try tretinoin 0.1%. Many people have had great results from that. As for whitening, what exactly do you mean? What colour is the rest of you? If you blend the scar to the rest of your face, that is one thing. If you desire to blend the scar then dramatically lighten your entire face, that is another thing. You don't want the Lil Kim effect: a white face & black knuckles & brown arms etc. She looks like a patchwork quilt sewn by a colourblind seamstress! Many lighteners wind uo uneven; don't make that mistake! First heal. next blend the scar. Then decide what you want to do from there. Take care of yourself, Freddy & be well!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try Using Bio Oil on the scar when this has healed. Use twice per day, morning and at night before going to bed. This product is known to assist in the reduction of scarring and reduce the discolouration as well. Use a sunscreen daily as well on the scar. Being new skin this area is very sensitive to the suns rays and can cause hyper pigmentation.

Keep me posted!
jill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts