Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, over the years suffering with dry irratible skin i have been recommended so many different products, I always try them because I am always in hope of some help for my condition and most of them dont work. I have been recommended a new product but i wondered if anyone else has used it. Its called the ecohealth shower, it does look like it has some benefits. Please if any of you are using it let me know if it works, it does look good, thanks x

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi Josey,

I have never heard of Ecohealth products before but if you have dry , sensitive skin you can try using pure shea butter, cocoa butter or coconut oil as moisturisers. Also, use soap-free shower gels as these will not dry out your skin.

Pumi.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Josey, before you end up cracking open your piggy bank, I would invest the few pennies into what Pumi, has suggested. Any of those are really good. Try one give it a week and see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are few tips for dry skin.
Massage the face with almond oil or olive oil every night before going to bed. The oils can also be used to massage the other parts of the body.
The best cleaning method for dry skin is soaking the face in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. It is better to avoid warm water to clean the face especially in winters.
Prepare a fine mixture by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of orange juice,1 teaspoon of olive oil, few drops of rose water and some drops of lime juice. Apply this well prepared mixture on the face in the morning 15 minutes before taking bath.
Mash a ripe banana and apply it on the face and neck. Leave it for sometime and then wash the face with lukewarm water.
For dry and chapped lips the best home remedy for dry skin is to massage lips with a little cream of milk by adding few drops each of rose water and lime juice every night before going to bed.
Massaging the skin with grapeseed oil is the best and effective method for dry skin.
Dry skin remedy - In severe cases of dry skin castor oil or avocado oil is highly beneficial.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have skin I can only describe as "fickle". It gets thrown by any moisturising cream- I get white head spots- big painful ones! Its annoying and there are few things I can use that don't result in that or me getting dry patches (think the after results of sunburn- not good!).

I found I can use Eucerin, which is (designed for sensitive or problem skin) facial wash and Clinique extra mild facial wash. Nuxe is a great facial moisturiser (and with no mineral oils) and Dermalogica is another good one and for some reason, Olay is usable in that it has no side effects- (unfortunately it does not sink in as well as I would like). All others leave some sort of mark if I use them for longer then two days running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one, its really good, my friend recommended it to me as I have irratiable skin and its really helped. Definately worth the money

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Josey,
Here are some of my tips for dry skin care.

1. I use Clinique "Moisturizer surge" and this I found out to be the best moisturizer ever. I've used this product since Oct, 2008 (my wedding makeup artist used this product on me.)

2. Drink WATER (10-12 glasses a day)

3. Cucumber (good for your skin and weight balance or loss)

4. Another tip is to use facial mask sheets for providing enough moisture and nutrition to your skin on a regular basis.

Many people rely on some kinds of products to solve their skin problems. But I wanted to share this. The best way to improve your dry skin is to adapt a few lifestyle changes such as drinking water (I personally drink 12 glasses a day), enjoy eating cucumbers as a snack, good rest etc. It shouldn't take longer than a month to see the changes of your skin

Hi guys, over the years suffering with dry irratible skin i have been recommended so many different products, I always try them because I am always in hope of some help for my condition and most of them dont work. I have been recommended a new product but i wondered if anyone else has used it. Its called the ecohealth shower, it does look like it has some benefits. Please if any of you are using it let me know if it works, it does look good, thanks x

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
My skin used to be very dry too, i have found since using the vit c serum here on the site it has stopped my skin becoming so dry, mainly as i think it has helped exfoliate away all the dead skin cells, that were not being removed from my skin before!

Also buying a micro fibre cloth once a week will really help!

I dont spend any money on branded products such as clinique, buying things such as shea butter off uk whole salers online that i mix in with coconut oil and aloe vera etc i really like using on my skin too!

Vitamin e is really good for the skin, i have heard jason e vitmain e serum is meant to be very good too!

Always use a good sunscreen too, even in the winter here in the uk!

Also if your looking into diet things like drinking water will really help 2 litres a day is fine for a women to drink! Green Tea is also good, antioxdients with omegas, (even if you take these in supplement form) are all really good for the skin and antiaging too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have one, its really good, my friend recommended it to me as I have irratiable skin and its really helped. Definately worth the money
Hello Jodie
Thanks for your message, is it the EcoHealth shower you are using? How long have you been using it and what skin problems do you suffer from? I am really tempted to buy one. The benefits look really good, I am fed up buying things that don't work so this time I am getting advice first xx

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
YES! if you have sensitive skin filtering the water might really help! Chlorine and other common chemicals in the tap water are known irritants. Try it! I'm sure there are other less expensive but similar products out there.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using it about 2 months now, and I have really noticed the difference, I suffer from dry skin mainly particularly on my elbows, knees and face and its started to clear up, it certainly helps with irritable skin and the need to constantly moisturise so much. I have also noticed its cleared and toned my the skin on my face.

Its definately worth the money, although you can buy other showers with filters this one is unique as its built into the shower. I adds to the effect of it, it has a fine spray effect without loosing any power whatsover so its works better than conventional showers and doesn't leave your skin feeling dry.
You wont regret it if you decide to buy one, I have just persuaded my friend to buy one and she loves it too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Jodie
Thanks for your message, is it the EcoHealth shower you are using? How long have you been using it and what skin problems do you suffer from? I am really tempted to buy one. The benefits look really good, I am fed up buying things that don't work so this time I am getting advice first xx
Hi, Josey

I have been using this product, it is very good, I would certainly recommend it too you, It has changed the way I feel about myself as I was too embarrassed to go out due to the problems I suffered on my face, but since using the ecohealth shower I have noticed a big difference. Worth Every Penny!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts