Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. first off i dont know much about "proper" skin care. and i really dont know how to explain what the problem is..

i am a mechanic.. so i stay pretty dirty about 90% of the day. and i have a bad habbit of touching my face (need to work on that definately) but ive tryed many different ways of cleaning my face and nothing seems to work for long. i dont have terrible acne... i dont think

i think i may have a pore problem because i dont sweat from my face much at all.. only my forehead wich im not having many problems with.

but as i have said ive tryed many different ways, but after im done i can still look in the mirror and see dirt and literally have to squeeze it out... are these blackheads or is something else going on here?? any advive would help..

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well good for you for being concerned about your skin!

Do you use a good detergent cleanser to get all the gunk off at the end of the day? Something that foams really well. A products with salicylic acid (BHA) would do a good job of getting the dirt out of the pores without squeezing.'

What products do you use??

Here is something I like for really keeping my skin clean:

The Microfiber Cleansing Cloth - Used with Copper Peptide is a Powerful Exfoliating Tool*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

You wash your face as usual, then go over it with this damp cloth like a chamois to suck all the dirt out of the pores.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im actually not using anything fancy now... just shampoo and a washcloth. i had been using bar soap ever since i can remember untill about a month ago... who knew??

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
You need to wash your face more often. It sounds like it is blackheads but without seeing it and with your history of touching your face with dirty hands it could be embedded dirt.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
ok.. first off i dont know much about "proper" skin care. and i really dont know how to explain what the problem is..

i am a mechanic.. so i stay pretty dirty about 90% of the day. and i have a bad habbit of touching my face (need to work on that definately) but ive tryed many different ways of cleaning my face and nothing seems to work for long. i dont have terrible acne... i dont think

i think i may have a pore problem because i dont sweat from my face much at all.. only my forehead wich im not having many problems with.

but as i have said ive tryed many different ways, but after im done i can still look in the mirror and see dirt and literally have to squeeze it out... are these blackheads or is something else going on here?? any advive would help..
Sounds like blackheads to me. Try looking for a face wash that contains Salicylic acid. It works great in helping remove blackheads. Being that you work with dirt and grease it would be best for you to start using an actual face wash and not shampoo-

Also, here is some info on blackheads and removing them.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads

Best of luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stop using soap on your face right now! It dehydrates the skin and your owl oil is trapped in your pores because of the dead skin around it. You need a proper cleanser and also a light moisturizer. The blackheads in your pores now need to be removed by an esthetician. Try to get a deep pore cleansing facial and get in a proper skin care routine. The esthetician might be able to help you. If her products are too expensive, ask her if she can recommend something over the counter. Trust me, you don't need to be fancy about it. Cleanse, exfoliate and protect.

im actually not using anything fancy now... just shampoo and a washcloth. i had been using bar soap ever since i can remember untill about a month ago... who knew??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts