Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about a year or so now, I find that my neck, back, hips crack, or that I feel I am stiff and need to crack my lower and upper back. Is it bad that I am cracking so early in my life? I have no idea how to relieve this stiffness

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I were you, I would start doing yoga and pilates workouts on a regular basis. I would recommend Karen Voight. As we get older, we become inflexible and stiff, and that can be dangerous in our golden years.

PS & OT Are you a MUSE fan?

·
Registered
159 Posts
yup stretching is key. otherwise your muscles become accustomed to staying in their relaxed position. Then when you try to bend or move, they become stiff and sore. try stretching after a hot shower. start slow and don't overwork the muscles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you stressed? My first year of college I had a similar problem. I would hurt so bad I would wake up in the night crying. eeek --- Once i removed some stresses (a bad boyfriend) from my life my back problems disappeared.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yoga...I personally like Rodney Yee...I was in a auto accident 1995 and it busted me up from my waist down pretty bad...Yoga keeps me flexible and moving. When I miss doing it for a couple of days, I can feel the difference big time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can understand your back pains and neck, I've worked at law offices and have to sit all day. By the end of the day I'm so stiff, I do yoga which helped to relax my muscles but what has really worked for me is this new bodyshaper I just bought from this company called Hourglass Angel it supports my back and helps to correct posture.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
It could also be caused by what you sleep in. Do you sleep in a nice, comfty bed or do you sleep on the couch? I've noticed that sleeping on the couch makes my body stiff.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am a Yogini myself... big fan of a regular stretch routine three to four times a week. I am actually a yoga instructor and I often open my classes with a neck roll exercise.

A quick 3 minute routine you can do anywhere....home, office, plane... for neck and shoulders.

1. Roll your ear to one shoulder, pressing the opposite side down muscularly.
Then roll your head to the opp side.

2. Come back to the first side, right ear to right shoulder, and hold there. Taking the first two fingers on your right hand, go behind the back of your left ear and press tiny circles down the long muscle you feel all the way to your left shoulder, loosening up tension being held there. Repeat on the opp side.

3. After that, roll your head, beginning with an inhale through your nose, to your right shoulder, exhale back, chin to the sky, inhale left ear to left shoulder, and exhale back to center. Reverse to opposite side. Then Repeat once more on each side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am a Yogini myself... big fan of a regular stretch routine three to four times a week. I am actually a yoga instructor and I often open my classes with a neck roll exercise.

A quick 3 minute routine you can do anywhere....home, office, plane... for neck and shoulders.

1. Roll your ear to one shoulder, pressing the opposite side down muscularly.
Then roll your head to the opp side.

2. Come back to the first side, right ear to right shoulder, and hold there. Taking the first two fingers on your right hand, go behind the back of your left ear and press tiny circles down the long muscle you feel all the way to your left shoulder, loosening up tension being held there. Repeat on the opp side.

3. After that, roll your head, beginning with an inhale through your nose, to your right shoulder, exhale back, chin to the sky, inhale left ear to left shoulder, and exhale back to center. Reverse to opposite side. Then Repeat once more on each side.
To add a little to your routine is a nice slow shoulder roll. Nice slow shoulder rolls forward and back breathing slowing when bringing shoulders up towards ears, exhaling slowly when rolling shoulders down. Roll forward reverse and roll back. I think when doing this concentrating on the breath aids in doing the rolls slow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts