Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am new to the forum and I have been looking into thermage and plastic surgery for my neck. Has anyone ever had a thermage treatment and did it work? I went to a dr. this morning in southern new jersey who is pretty popular but still - I'm just not sure if it's the right thing.

Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Welcome-

Well, if you aren't sure if it is the right choice after seeing a Dr, then in my opinion it probably isn't the right choice for you. Do not waste your money on something you are not sure of. You will be disappointed.

Maybe try getting in with a few Dr's and see what they have as options for you. Don't ever just get one Dr's opinion.

Best of luck-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks - i will probably see a few doctors - I also found some neck exercises on the site that I will try.

I HOPE SOMEONE HAS SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR A GOOD TIGHTEHING CREAM - MAYBE THAT'S ALL I NEED

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Bdavis - welcome. I tried some neck creams and didn't notice any improvement, although they did make the skin feel nice and smooth. I tried both the Bliss Thinny Thin Chin and the Dermaglow Neck and Chest Therapy.

My next step was to try the Strivectin neck product, but I found their other products did not deliver on their promises so I didn't bother. Then I found some videos on YouTube on neck exercises and they are helping more than any cream. On this site Fawnie has posted the "kiss the sky" exercise - do a search and you should be able to find it. It is a good one to start with.

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Bdavis - welcome. I tried some neck creams and didn't notice any improvement, although they did make the skin feel nice and smooth. I tried both the Bliss Thinny Thin Chin and the Dermaglow Neck and Chest Therapy.

My next step was to try the Strivectin neck product, but I found their other products did not deliver on their promises so I didn't bother. Then I found some videos on YouTube on neck exercises and they are helping more than any cream. On this site Fawnie has posted the "kiss the sky" exercise - do a search and you should be able to find it. It is a good one to start with.
I tried the Strivectin-it didn't stand and deliver in my opinion.

What about the Bliss Thinny Thin Chin?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I tried the Strivectin-it didn't stand and deliver in my opinion.

What about the Bliss Thinny Thin Chin?
It does give a tautness to the skin of the neck which is temporary. I used it regularly for a couple of months and there did not seem to be any cumulative benefits. So stopped and forgot about it. I should just continue to use it along with the exercises - so I'll restart tomorrow. I hate to just throw things away after spending good money on them.

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
It does give a tautness to the skin of the neck which is temporary. I used it regularly for a couple of months and there did not seem to be any cumulative benefits. So stopped and forgot about it. I should just continue to use it along with the exercises - so I'll restart tomorrow. I hate to just throw things away after spending good money on them.
Yes, I hear you!! don't throw anything away. Use it even if you have no results, better than nothing! I read that in the "gymrat rule book".

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi

I am new to the forum and I have been looking into thermage and plastic surgery for my neck. Has anyone ever had a thermage treatment and did it work? I went to a dr. this morning in southern new jersey who is pretty popular but still - I'm just not sure if it's the right thing.

Any suggestions?
Welcome! bdavis, I have read on this forum about thermage and I do recall the disappointments and that was for the face, and the neck is a difficult area to treat, I hope you will find the right treatment and do post about it!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes, I hear you!! don't throw anything away. Use it even if you have no results, better than nothing! I read that in the "gymrat rule book".
I agree. I bought one of those giant tubes (6 oz) of Strivectin-SD which is supposed to eradicate wrinkles "better than botox." It did nothing for me - so I apply that to my neck usually and it does make the skin soft at least.

P.S. the Strivectin-HS deep wrinkle serum was also useless - after 9 months of use I gave up and moved onto RA.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Facial exercise, a retinol product during the PM, a stable Vitamin C product during the AM, gentle exfoliation, SUNSCREEN every day, coconut oil and/or a vitamin E moisturizer as needed...Give this six months and if you still got turkey neck, then seek out a good board certified PS that you've thoroughly researched for a procedure that you've researched even more....

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Facial exercise, a retinol product during the PM, a stable Vitamin C product during the AM, gentle exfoliation, SUNSCREEN every day, coconut oil and/or a vitamin E moisturizer as needed...Give this six months and if you still got turkey neck, then seek out a good board certified PS that you've thoroughly researched for a procedure that you've researched even more....
Preach it Tigerlilly!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Or you could just embrace it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts