Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!I'm 41 years old & live in the harsh but beautiful Aussie climate - I've always tried to look after my skin & am often interested in the latest anti -wrinkle/ youth elixers on the market...as you do after a certain age!!
I'd really value your feedback & advice on this one...Can anyone suggest what's happened to my face after using Retin-Ox?( it's the ingredient in the Roc products that I decided to try).
The 'Roc' product campaign says give us 12 weeks and we'll give you 10 years back to your skin...well, I'd even like my old skin back at the moment!. It looks almost burnt, it's red & sore to touch & very patchy & kinda rough & skin peeling off in a very fine layer!
Sounds kinda gross, which it is & even more disappointing as I have a big class reunion on Friday & you know how everyone compares wrinkles hair colour, BMI & all that superficial sort of stuff! I really hope it settles down before then (48 hours) & I'm not known as the gal who turned into a superfreak!
Look forward to your thoughts,
Cheers Angie

PS. I've stopped using the products but don't really know what I should be putting on my skin

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Welcome angie-

Well your post made me laugh!! It sounds like something I would post. A class reunion where everyone compares wrinkles hair colour, BMI & all that superficial sort of stuff! Isn't that the truth!!! When we go to our class reunion we like to go looking "top notch"
. The last thing we want to do is show up with red raw looking skin-

Well, what I would do is try and get some moisture back into skin. It sounds like the product was too harsh for you. If you were applying it every night, that could be the problem. Maybe start with every other night until your skin gets used to it. Or even try buffering it with a lotion for the first week or so.

If you have any jojoba oil, or avocado oil, I would lather that on, morning noon and night!!! If you have any rich face creams I would apply that as well. Maybe try and get in for a facial, if you have time.

After the reunion is over, then try applying the Retin-Ox every other night or so.

Best of luck and let us know how that reunion turns out-

·
Registered
713 Posts
Oh my goodness Angie, Retin Ox, I have never heard of that!!!! Are you sure it's not Retinol???

I wonder if you have a sunburn, products with Retinol make your skin more sensitive to the sun...if it were me I would be applying Emu Oil.

Some of the other members will come on and see what advice they have...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome angie-

Well your post made me laugh!! It sounds like something I would post. A class reunion where everyone compares wrinkles hair colour, BMI & all that superficial sort of stuff! Isn't that the truth!!! When we go to our class reunion we like to go looking "top notch"
. The last thing we want to do is show up with red raw looking skin-

Well, what I would do is try and get some moisture back into skin. It sounds like the product was too harsh for you. If you were applying it every night, that could be the problem. Maybe start with every other night until your skin gets used to it. Or even try buffering it with a lotion for the first week or so.

If you have any jojoba oil, or avocado oil, I would lather that on, morning noon and night!!! If you have any rich face creams I would apply that as well. Maybe try and get in for a facial, if you have time.

After the reunion is over, then try applying the Retin-Ox every other night or so.

Best of luck and let us know how that reunion turns out-
gymrat...it is called Retin Ox

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all - for your advice - I have been considering a nicely fashioned brown paper bag to wear to my reunion!... but thankfully it hasn't got any worse through out today.

I think it's definitely retinol that is in the product - I had no idea it made you sun sensitive, so thanks for that! There is very little info in the pack that I bought - is retinol something that you should ease your skin into?
These products said to apply it both morning & night - so that's what I did for about 3 days before my face went crazy!

I've also tried Emu oil today & it feels really soothing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lavender oil is very soothing to the skin. I've had it get rid of redness and the pain from burns fairly quickly. That's the first thing I would put on.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to the board and sorry for what you are going through. Please though, if your skin is that red and raw before you put anything on there in an attempt to soothe and calm it down, test a drop or two say on your cheek for a few minutes, especially if you are trying Lavender oil. Some people it works wonders and others like myself rash up something awful with it. I tried it once when I had a bad reaction to some cream I used and about a minute after I put the Lavender oil on my face felt like it was on fire. I know most people do just great with it but for some reason my skin hates anything that even contains lavender. Maybe I am allergic? Anyway test a small spot first before using anything all over. Fingers crossed for you that it calms down quickly for you

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,i'm 42,before igot a good skin rossy cheeks when expose to sun.but in 2001 when i came here in london my face was so dry,was scaly i applied vaseline in the morning before we went to the park.there i got sunburn.my face was redish then the following day my face became brown.i didn't apply anything till 2003 when a friend of mine recommend a magic cream.it disappeared in 2003 then it came back again.so i applied again thesame cream but no changes.till i changed to sunblock,still no changes i tried using ponds but no changes.if i expose my face to sunlight the more it become darker.what shall i do to restore my skin?
love,
irene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts