Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, Origins is not available anymore where I'm from. I am sooo in love with Modern Friction and my jar is running out. I'm trying to look for it on Ebay but I'm not so sure if they're authentic or not. Can you suggest a good alternative for this? It works so well on my combination skin and just makes my face glow.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Sisley Buff and Wash. It's a plant protein based cleanser with silk proteins in it and essential oils - that's the wash part. It also has polyethylene beads in it - the buff part. I can post full ingredient list later, if someone's interested.
It's actually a daily exfoliating cleanser, but I used it 2-3x a week as a scrub. It's gentle, but I don't want to overexfoliate. And it makes skin smooth and radiant.
More on the micro derm side, Estee Lauder Idealist Micro-D or Clinique self heating scrub thing. While they make skin very smooth, they do nothing for pore size, bleakheads, flakines and their glow lasts like 2 hours at max. And they smell awfully chemical.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sisley Buff and Wash. It's a plant protein based cleanser with silk proteins in it and essential oils - that's the wash part. It also has polyethylene beads in it - the buff part. I can post full ingredient list later, if someone's interested.
It's actually a daily exfoliating cleanser, but I used it 2-3x a week as a scrub. It's gentle, but I don't want to overexfoliate. And it makes skin smooth and radiant.
More on the micro derm side, Estee Lauder Idealist Micro-D or Clinique self heating scrub thing. While they make skin very smooth, they do nothing for pore size, bleakheads, flakines and their glow lasts like 2 hours at max. And they smell awfully chemical.
Yes please, I would like an ingredients list. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
MTR, try amazon, that store ships international, otherwise do a google search and dont be afraid of thinking its a fake, you can usually tell by the jar and ebay has a business liability contract that if the products are not genuine then you get your money back through paypal from a dispute which is very easy. You are right about Modern Friction, that was one of the only microdermabrasion creams I used that gave the skin a glow that lasted all day and it make my skin so smooth.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Here you go!
I hope I didn't miss or misspell anything.

Water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Silk Amino Acids, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyethylene, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol, Papaver Rhoeas Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavander) Oil, Lisea Cubera Fruit Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. (cont. linalool, citral)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MTR, try amazon, that store ships international, otherwise do a google search and dont be afraid of thinking its a fake, you can usually tell by the jar and ebay has a business liability contract that if the products are not genuine then you get your money back through paypal from a dispute which is very easy. You are right about Modern Friction, that was one of the only microdermabrasion creams I used that gave the skin a glow that lasted all day and it make my skin so smooth.
I'll most probably try Amazon instead of Ebay. Yeah it's the best thing that I did for my skin.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here you go!
I hope I didn't miss or misspell anything.

Water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Silk Amino Acids, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyethylene, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol, Papaver Rhoeas Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavander) Oil, Lisea Cubera Fruit Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. (cont. linalool, citral)
Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I'm saving up for Modern Friction, I don't know if I should try Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. It was just given to me and I'm not sure if I should try it.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Sadly, Origins is not available anymore where I'm from. I am sooo in love with Modern Friction and my jar is running out. I'm trying to look for it on Ebay but I'm not so sure if they're authentic or not. Can you suggest a good alternative for this? It works so well on my combination skin and just makes my face glow.
Are you serious? They sell Origins in Target!! That is a real bummer.

If you are trying to buy something on Ebay just make sure you are buying from a power seller. It will say this in the top right hand corner. And of course make sure they have a 98% or higher rating. Most power sellers are.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Yeh I saw some Origins at Target too! Also Clarins, Bumble+bumble, Pureology -
Yap, Yap, me too fawnie. Amazing, getting closer to that one stop shop isn't it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But I live in the Philippines. Origins used to be available in two big malls but they're gone now.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
But I live in the Philippines. Origins used to be available in two big malls but they're gone now.
Wow, that is a real bummer. Isn't that always how is works. You invest so much time at finding things that work well, then they either discontinue making them or they stop carry them!!! I am assuming shipping cost is the reason they quit selling Origins in the Philippines-

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that is a real bummer. Isn't that always how is works. You invest so much time at finding things that work well, then they either discontinue making them or they stop carry them!!! I am assuming shipping cost is the reason they quit selling Origins in the Philippines-
I knowww and it sucks coz now I'd have to order online. I sure hope they don't discontinue it coz it's a great product.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I knowww and it sucks coz now I'd have to order online. I sure hope they don't discontinue it coz it's a great product.
You know you could always email Origins customer service department and ask why they stopped selling it in your area and what they recommend you do. I know they AREN'T going to say, buy it off of ebay!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know you could always email Origins customer service department and ask why they stopped selling it in your area and what they recommend you do. I know they AREN'T going to say, buy it off of ebay!!!
Haha yeah I'm sure they're not gonna tell. Hmp that's what they're gonna get! Haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts