Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi...i have a number of skin lightening creams including nur 76 but did not work for me. i have dark knuckles on my hands and feet...my arms and legs also appear to be lighter than my back...i hope i get somethings good out of joining....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi...i have used a number of skin lightening creams including nur 76 but did not work for me. i have dark knuckles on my hands and feet...my arms and legs also appear to be lighter than my back...i hope i get somethings good out of joining....

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You should come visit the skin lightening threads! Nur 76 is an overpriced scam. Their website doesn't even list their product's ingredients & those fake before & after photos are just sad. Get yourself a tube of Retin A 0.1% & some HQ4%. blend equal amts of both together & smooth onto dark areas 2x/day. Remember to use a good sunscreen. It takes time to work, but it will. You'll see a difference within 3 weeks. Before beginning to lighten overall, I blended my knuckles, elbows, ankles & knees in with the rest of my skin this way. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have a lot of Thai friends with this problem and also with dark knees, elbows and underarms. The only effective thing they all have got from their doctors has been hydroquinone which works in as little as a week. They use a liquid version of it which they put on cotton and then rub on the affected areas. If you have a dermatologist or PS or can see either ask for this if it is that distressing to you.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
memaselfni--your GP will prescribe it easily. I used to get mine to all the time. If not then ask Fawnie--she has some cheap sites on the internet. In Thailand it is sold in the local chemist shop without RX so I had stocked up but will be ordering online soon as I am now in USA.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Peri do you use gel or cream? I use cream now but read the gel is easier to absorb by the skin.
Yes I use the gel. I've also read that it is better absorbed.
Caution to anyone thinking of buying from alldaychemist.......their 0.1% gel will burn the skin slap off your face.

It is strong stuff.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
LOl--I just ordered the 1% gel from Alldaychemist. I will likely mix it out with moisturiser which is what I do now with the cream. I hope you are not too serious! You scared me now. I just ordered 15 tubes, considering the price of shipping I thought it best to stock up.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
LOl--I just ordered the 1% gel from Alldaychemist. I will likely mix it out with moisturiser which is what I do now with the cream. I hope you are not too serious! You scared me now. I just ordered 15 tubes, considering the price of shipping I thought it best to stock up.
No I am serious. Speaking for my skin only. I've read others say the same.
If you just ordered, maybe you could change the order. Are you using this for general anti-aging or something else? If for anti-aging, I'd get mostly 0.05% and maybe a few 0.1%...of course you could just dilute it with Eucerin cream. That would be a pain for 15 tubes IMO.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Oh no--I wonder if I can change it! Have you used the .05% gel? Is that also harsh? I use it for general anti-aging and always mix it out with a copper peptide and Jan Marini TGF Growth Factor cream. I am going to see if I can change the order out.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I just wrote to customer service and asked if I can trade those out for .05% gels and told them they can even charge more to add any uneven amount to make up for it (I assume this is the best way to get them to agree to change an order). I am actually considering doing what Madonna does and using it all over my body. She apparently uses 100's of tretinoin (retin-a) tibes a month-head to toe! Now that my skin is slowly recovering from the overexfoliation I think the retin-a may well help rebuild some thickness too. I would never use it straight but always mix it out.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Peri do you use gel or cream? I use cream now but read the gel is easier to absorb by the skin.
I have and use both. I prefer the gel. I only use the cream when I want to do some serious damage- I mean serious peeling-

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have and use both. I prefer the gel. I only use the cream when I want to do some serious damage- I mean serious peeling-
I have only ever used the cream. I did use differin gel because my ex-bf had it for acne and I thought it was good for wrinkles too. It made my pores like that of an Asian woman and I loved it but it wears off. I went back to retin-a and use only the cream so now I am going to the gel. I was told the gel was harsher or more easily penetrated the skin rather so I would assume it were stronger.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I just wrote to customer service and asked if I can trade those out for .05% gels and told them they can even charge more to add any uneven amount to make up for it (I assume this is the best way to get them to agree to change an order). I am actually considering doing what Madonna does and using it all over my body. She apparently uses 100's of tretinoin (retin-a) tibes a month-head to toe! Now that my skin is slowly recovering from the overexfoliation I think the retin-a may well help rebuild some thickness too. I would never use it straight but always mix it out.
Yes I use the 0.05% gel. It's perfect for my skin.
Wow all over your body. I'd hate to imagine the price of doing that if you bought it elsewhere.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I have only ever used the cream. I did use differin gel because my ex-bf had it for acne and I thought it was good for wrinkles too. It made my pores like that of an Asian woman and I loved it but it wears off. I went back to retin-a and use only the cream so now I am going to the gel. I was told the gel was harsher or more easily penetrated the skin rather so I would assume it were stronger.
Yep- I have Differin too-
you name it I probably have it, topical's anyways. After my years with acne, I tried them all. I still have refills left on them all, which I now gave to my boys. Why not, saves a trip to the derm in my book-

I didn't get the results from Differin like I do from RA, so be careful. I know that alldaychemist RA is pretty powerful, compared to what I get from the pharmacy. I have 1% and .04%. Around my mouth is where I always have to be careful.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I am using Retin-A cream that I ordered from Medsmex. The 0.1% goes on my forehead (the only place that needs some directed attention) and the 0.05% goes on the rest of my face and on my hands. I use a diluted form of the 0.05% on my neck but not regularly - still too sensitive.

I still have a several tubes from the shipment but would like to try the gel next time, which means ordering from Alldaychemist. Do you gel users just use the gel exclusively, or alternate with the cream?

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I am using Retin-A cream that I ordered from Medsmex. The 0.1% goes on my forehead (the only place that needs some directed attention) and the 0.05% goes on the rest of my face and on my hands. I use a diluted form of the 0.05% on my neck but not regularly - still too sensitive.

I still have a several tubes from the shipment but would like to try the gel next time, which means ordering from Alldaychemist. Do you gel users just use the gel exclusively, or alternate with the cream?
Yes, I alternate with the cream. And for times I need some extra attention on certain area's I use the cream more. Around the mouth, and the 11 area. On my neck I NEVER use the cream, just gel, and that I mix with a moisturizer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts