Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new around here and have come looking for help with something that I can't figure out, and my doctor has absolutely no idea about. Infact, he thinks that it shouldn't make any differnece. I'm sure we've all been there with middle-aged doctors who couldn't care less....

Anyway, at the beginning of this year I had OK skin for a 27 year old; as in the odd spot and a bit greasy but nothing to worry about, which was a massive improvement on my teenage skin! In March though I had a miscarriage, which completely threw my hormones into a world of madness. Thankfully, everything has calmed down now with my hormones, apart form my skin, and I still don't know what to do with it.

Let me describe it too you, and if anyone can give me any pointers I would be very greatful. To start, my T-zone is immensely greasy; as in make-up will slide off after 15 minutes at the most. I also have tonnes of blackheads in my t-zone, no matter what products and/or methods of removal I try. I'm getting very spotty too; deep, painful spots usually at the side of my nose and along my jawline. In complete contrast, my cheeks are terribly dry and flaky. I make a point not to wash my cheeks with anything that I would use on my forehead/nose/chin, because it hurts them too much. My cheeks are so sensitive at the moment infact that my old reliable Nivea has made them sting for the last few days.

I'm seriously at a loss with my skin and desperately need help. I start a new career soon (as a teacher) and for myself I really need to get on top of this.

Thanks to anyone who can help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jammy,
You have to make sure you drink a bunch of water to help cleanse your body. I did a program last year to help clear my skin that was more natural and focused on helping my liver get rid of toxins that were in my system. The doctor explained that when a lot of toxins are in your body and your liver is "backed up" the it will cause skin problems because that's a way that toxins leave (i.e. sweating, etc.)
It worked wonders for me and I have very clear skin on my face now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think probably the reason Nivea is making your cheeks sting is the perfume in it if I remember correctly Nivea is scented. Since you are having such problems I would suggest you look at The Garden of Wisdom products because I've been using quite a few of their skincare items for months now and it's got my greasy open pores under control. Everything they sell is all natural and unscented. I think the combination skin type you describe is not uncommon and using castor oil as a cleanser may help a lot. I understand that using oil to combat oily skin sounds crazy but it really does work but you do need to cleanse your skin or your pores will become clogged and lead to more pimples.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jammy, Bevan43 has a good point about toxins in your liver.
It sound like your skin is out of balance. You need to work it from the inside out.
Water, cleansing tea and a liver cleanse would probably help.

Something else you may want to look at. A miscarriage is very stressful. You have to take care of yourself emotionally as well.
Your skin is trying to tell you something

·
Registered
22 Posts
simply wash frequently with water once u break the cycle it will improve after a while. I mean the more soap u use to wash ur face, the more oily it become. Hope it helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts