Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have food alleriges for corn, wheat, etc..showed up on skin test.

I know corn is in skincare products like glycerines etc??Anything else. I put mild cleanser on face and still somewhat burns. eyes get red sometimes after shower. My face gets hot and tingling sensation when around frangrance as well? Any products out there that doesnt have corn, fragrance or anything else that would be harmful. Propyelene glycol or whatever is in cetaphil and burngs my face a little. Also hair clay or what not might be causing this as well and also shampoos? Just let me know what i need to look for because i have tried alot of stuff that still causes burning sensation. Also, i think shampoo mgiht be biggest issue as far as reaction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My skin tends to reflect sunlight? Coudl it be lotion, shaving cream? I also feel like my skin is on fire. I dont turn red.. Just tingle on face. Shampoo?? i dont try and put anything on my face? Something is causing skin to be this way? I had rash about year ago and ever sicne,my skin hasnt been right. Worse in sunlight. Arms wont tan as well as front of legs. Turn reddish tint but most other parts of body are ok? My back is perfect skin. id otn put skin care products on back so maybe it is products i use even though i use sensitive skin care products. I have corn food allergy and i know corn is used in skin care products. SOmeone give me an idea of what i am dealing with maybe and products i could use?

thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Shane, stay away from shampoos with Sodium Laureth Sulfate & cocamide, those chemicals will cause itchy scalp and even hair lost
Apologies I know this is an old post but I'm glad I read it. I decided to pay more money for a shampoo (for colour treated hair), instead of buying the cheaper brands, and, at first, it seemed to make my hair look great, however, after a few weeks my scalp felt tight and itchy and I had so many little flakes in my hair that I hadn't had before using it, not only that but I felt like I was losing more hair.
I looked at the shampoo ingredients and noticed it had Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate in it. I've read recently that it can cause dryness and flaky skin in people but I didn't realise it could cause other things too.

I should use it for the other parts of my body though if it gets rid of hair.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a client with this problem too!!! Phytomer has a great sensitive line- the ACCEPT COLLECTION. But I had this client on anything with Phytomer and non of it bothered her skin. The other line I carried at wheat in it and broke her out constantly until we figured out what the problem was. She also broke out whenever she ate something she had an allergy to as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts