Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My skin care routine usually works best before going to bed. However you can do it in the morning after you wake up as well you can start from the 3rd bullet point if you decide to do this in the morning.

1. Take of all makeup using a makeup wipe that is alcohol free or use baby wipes. Baby wipes are really good as they are made for sensitive baby skin and people usually under estimate the use of baby wipes but they are really good on any type of skin. Wipes containing alcohol usually destroys the skin slowly.

2. Next, remove the makeup from the eyes. For removing eye makeup I would recommend the MAC remover, called Pro eye makeup remover. It is really good for eyes as it is sensitive and doesnâ€2122t smudge the makeup across the face. This remover will not clog up the pores around the eyes.

3. Use a gentle cleanser to wipe off any left makeup and to cleanse the skin fully. I would recommend the Estee Lauder soft clean tender crème cleanser, this is great for dry skin as it doesnâ€2122t tighten it when applied. Just apply it to the skin and use a tissue to wipe off any excess.

4. After cleansing you need to tone the skin. This usually rebalances and refreshes the skin. I would recommend the Estee Lauder soothing spray toner. This is alcohol-free and also helps reduce redness that occurs around sensitive skin. You need to apply this to the face after cleansing. The other advantage of this toner is that doesnâ€2122t strip your face of the natural oils.

5. Then you need to apply a moisturiser. I would recommend the MAC studio moisture cream. It has a lot of great skin nourishing extracts which give a healthy radiance.

I think thatâ€2122s it really, it may seem like a lot but it will give you beautiful glowing skin. If you are strapped for cash then there are other brands such as NO7 that do a cleanse, tone and moisturise kit. Many brands market this kit and you just need to look around and see which one suits your skin the best as there is no right or wrong answer. Try the product on the back of your hand to see how it feels. I would recommend using the same brand for cleansing toning and moisturising.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Normally associated with ageing, some people have a naturally dry skin. In this case too, the right nourishment can work wonders. Along with this you need to have a moisturizing routine.
The basic function of a moisturizer is to maintain softness by keeping up the water level in the outermost layer of skin cells. It does this by creating a watertight seal which prevents what would otherwise seal which prevents what would otherwise be a continuous process of evaporation from the surface. At the same time, it provides a buffer to keep out potential 'invaders' thereby safeguarding the health of the lower regions of the skin, and ultimately the inner body.
*Get into the habit of applying oil or cream to slightly damp skin night and morning as this helps to 'lock' in valuable extra moisture.
You can get effective home remedies about dry skin by checking this link:
SKIN CARE -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts