Skin Care Talk banner

1501 - 1520 of 1556 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Could anyone tell me trusted US sellers for G&G and Kojie San? And if you can recommend a Kojic Acid serum too, or Arbutin. :18:

Thank you!
Kojic acid serums....
Maxiwhite
Amiwhite
Fair & white serum

Mind u the above listed serums all have two versions(ie hq & kojic acid versions) check the ingredients when buying any of 'em @verdin551

·
Registered
232 Posts
Could anyone tell me trusted US sellers for G&G and Kojie San? And if you can recommend a Kojic Acid serum too, or Arbutin. :18:

Thank you!
House of beauty world. Kojic Acid serum: Derma white from same vendor, carotone serum bsc. Mitchel brand serums are alpha Arbutin based.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone help me with my shade? I believe I'm an NW45 but I'm not sure. I'm calculating how many shades I need to lighten to achieve my goal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newbie there and desperate. Help!! I have a lot of acne spots on my face that I want to get rid of. I started the recommended regime but my face is having major break-outs. My pimples are usually small but now I have big, nasty pimples, one so big it looks like a wart!! ????????????

Can you please check my routine and tell me if I am doing something wrong? At first I thought it was the Amlactin but I quit it a week ago (it made my face a grease bucket!!) and I still got more pimples!! :-(

Could it be the retinol? Also, I am not peeling which I hoped would happen. Help!

Face night
- wash with koji san soap
- layer Airol cream (0.05%; Retin-A sub.)
- layer Mamma Africa Caro light cream (Euro version, so no HQ)
- Amlactin (only 3 nights per week after koji san instead of Airol + Mamma Africa)

Face morning
- apply vitamin C

·
Registered
589 Posts
@spotsbgone:wavey:were U having the breakouts b4 or after your new regie? If after, I think it is cream overload . Retin A gel is better than cream 4 acne prone skin. Also get the 0.1%, it will peel U more. Get a face wash with salicylic acid like Neutrogena acne wash for PM & for AM a cleansing oil like DHC deep cleansing oil; the combination of koji & retin A is causing your skin to dry out & it produces more oil to counteract the dryness resulting in the breakouts. Get a light cream or almond oil to moisturise in the AM. Also get Aztec bentonite clay & mix with ACV to make a mask & use it 3 times weekly to clean & detox your skin. HTH

Newbie there and desperate. Help!! I have a lot of acne spots on my face that I want to get rid of. I started the recommended regime but my face is having major break-outs. My pimples are usually small but now I have big, nasty pimples, one so big it looks like a wart!! ????????????

Can you please check my routine and tell me if I am doing something wrong? At first I thought it was the Amlactin but I quit it a week ago (it made my face a grease bucket!!) and I still got more pimples!! :-(

Could it be the retinol? Also, I am not peeling which I hoped would happen. Help!

Face night
- layer Airol cream (0.05%; Retin-A sub.)
- layer Mamma Africa Caro light cream (Euro version, so no HQ)
- Amlactin (only 3 nights per week after koji san instead of Airol + Mamma Africa)

Face morning
- apply vitamin C

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Satan thx so much for your help!! The nasty pimples started after starting the new regime. Took your advice and cut the creams and the big pimples r none. I also bought some of the products your recommended... Well, only 3 (clay mask, clearasil, day cream) cuz I live in Holland and have no access to the good stuff. Went to GP and got a script for Retin A gel, but turned out to be a generic cream (I kid u not!), only 0.05%. They r effing with me!! Apparently 0.1% isn't sold in the country. And no pharmacy in the neighbourhood seems to have the gel. HQ is also banned and there is nothing to be found online (tried several online shops but most don't deliver here or have the products, or they r scammy). My face is a mess, lots of scarring, but My skin is thick, so only peeling a bit sound mouth. Well, more like flaking, very light flaking. Was layering too much tretinoin so also got a burn. Yay!!

I will ask on a product thread, but if anyone knows where I can order Retin A 0,1% and HQ 4% please share. Thx!

I will stick with what products I have and hope for the best cuz no other options. How is the regime below looking now?
Face night
- wash with Clearasil Ultra
- Airol cream (0.05% tretinoin; Retin-A sub.)
- Mamma Africa Caro light cream on burn only (Euro version, so no HQ)
- Clay mask (3x per week after washing)

Face morning
- apply La Roche Posay Redemeris C UV 25 (+ a lil more Vitamin C mixed in)

@spotsbgone were U having the breakouts b4 or after your new regie? If after, I think it is cream overload . Retin A gel is better than cream 4 acne prone skin. Also get the 0.1%, it will peel U more. Get a face wash with salicylic acid like Neutrogena acne wash for PM & for AM a cleansing oil like DHC deep cleansing oil; the combination of koji & retin A is causing your skin to dry out & it produces more oil to counteract the dryness resulting in the breakouts. Get a light cream or almond oil to moisturise in the AM. Also get Aztec bentonite clay & mix with ACV to make a mask & use it 3 times weekly to clean & detox your skin. HTH

·
Registered
589 Posts
@spotsbgone...URW:five: U can order the retin-A from ADC directly or join the group orders on here; buy in bulk to save on shipping costs. Glytone has a 4% Hydroquinone gel - https://www.facemedix.com/glytone-skin-bleaching-clarifying-gel/ - it is pricey but works very well. I would swap the caro light cream for a vitamin c serum or niacinamide serum - U can buy the powder & DIY or buy a ready made one like this - https://www.beautylish.com/s/the-ordinary-niacinamide-10-zinc-1. Cycle the koji san with a mild, moisturising soap or oil cleanser like DHC, dove or cetaphil to avoid drying out your skin & add a light moisturising cream to your regimen. HTH

@Satan thx so much for your help!! The nasty pimples started after starting the new regime. Took your advice and cut the creams and the big pimples r none. I also bought some of the products your recommended... Well, only 3 (clay mask, clearasil, day cream) cuz I live in Holland and have no access to the good stuff. Went to GP and got a script for Retin A gel, but turned out to be a generic cream (I kid u not!), only 0.05%. They r effing with me!! Apparently 0.1% isn't sold in the country. And no pharmacy in the neighbourhood seems to have the gel. HQ is also banned and there is nothing to be found online (tried several online shops but most don't deliver here or have the products, or they r scammy). My face is a mess, lots of scarring, but My skin is thick, so only peeling a bit sound mouth. Well, more like flaking, very light flaking. Was layering too much tretinoin so also got a burn. Yay!!

I will ask on a product thread, but if anyone knows where I can order Retin A 0,1% and HQ 4% please share. Thx!

I will stick with what products I have and hope for the best cuz no other options. How is the regime below looking now?
Face night
- wash with Clearasil Ultra
- Airol cream (0.05% tretinoin; Retin-A sub.)
- Mamma Africa Caro light cream on burn only (Euro version, so no HQ)
- Clay mask (3x per week after washing)

Face morning
- apply La Roche Posay Redemeris C UV 25 (+ a lil more Vitamin C mixed in)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally Posted by Purple Monk3yz
Quick question :bunny: Is it possible to lighten (about 2 shades) and even the skin out just by using an oil (like gng oil) and a Kojic or an aha soap?

:confused::)

I posted this in the other thread and no one answered maybe someone can help me out here?? FTA that I will be using a lactic lotion. TIA;) @moon maiden or @gymrat or anyone who might know???;)

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
Originally Posted by Purple Monk3yz
Quick question :bunny: Is it possible to lighten (about 2 shades) and even the skin out just by using an oil (like gng oil) and a Kojic or an aha soap?

:confused::)

I posted this in the other thread and no one answered maybe someone can help me out here?? FTA that I will be using a lactic lotion. TIA;) @moon maiden or @gymrat or anyone who might know???;)
@Purple Monk3yz sorry I didn't see your other post, but to answer your question, yes, thats totally doable. Throw in the LA lotion and be consistent. Use your soap and oil in the AM and the LA lotion in the PM but being consistent is what will get you there :thumbsup:. Most times we expect to see changes over night and unfortunately it takes time, so just be faithful and you will see changes!

·
Registered
294 Posts
@Purple Monk3yz sorry I didn't see your other post, but to answer your question, yes, thats totally doable. Throw in the LA lotion and be consistent. Use your soap and oil in the AM and the LA lotion in the PM but being consistent is what will get you there :thumbsup:. Most times we expect to see changes over night and unfortunately it takes time, so just be faithful and you will see changes!

It's :cool: I figured my post got buried in the other thread..lol...I will take your advice thank you for responding to my question:) One other question.... I have a golden undertone do you think the gng oil will help make that pop? Or can you recommend another oil??

Thanks again

:heart:

·
Registered
12,834 Posts
Question :confused: my bff wants to know if there's a legit website that you guys may know of that sell the Carotein nourishing fairness cream?? She was looking at guesso.com but I told her not to because they are a bit flakey:p @gymrat @moon maiden Or anyone who may know ;)

View attachment 55802

:thanx:
Hey boo! She can get it at amazon, eBay, and ladyedna.com, pakscosmetics.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey yall, is anyone from Canada? I'm struggling to find any skin lightening products here... HQ over 2% is banned and even the very few 2% HQ creams are extremely expensive (because they're intended to lighten small spots). I want to lighten my natural skin color by half to 1 shade, and I don't know where to begin. No Kojic acid soaps around either, many online sellers don't ship here. If anyone is from Canada I would appreciate if you sent me your skin lightening regimen!

·
Registered
12,834 Posts
Hey yall, is anyone from Canada? I'm struggling to find any skin lightening products here... HQ over 2% is banned and even the very few 2% HQ creams are extremely expensive (because they're intended to lighten small spots). I want to lighten my natural skin color by half to 1 shade, and I don't know where to begin. No Kojic acid soaps around either, many online sellers don't ship here. If anyone is from Canada I would appreciate if you sent me your skin lightening regimen!
@johndave please help!

1501 - 1520 of 1556 Posts