Skin Care Talk banner

1541 - 1556 of 1556 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey there @SkinQueen11 what are you needing help with?
@gymrat

Okay so I’ve been lightening for 4/5 years now. I used carolight cream to get to my goal. But I really wanna get off HQ & other creams like that. I started with Fair & White But caro gave me better results.
I wanna go 1 shade lighter, especially my face & simply maintain from there. Maintaining has been tricky. I also want to lighten my lips, knuckles and remove the dark eyes. I don’t want the bleached out look. I started breaking out too most likely cause of the cream and I want to stop this & remove the pimples.

I started a shade or 2 darker than Gabriella Union and I’m a caramel with yellow undertones. I want to be a light caramel with yellow golden undertones.

I use coconut oil & a Nivea sunscreen
I’m considering getting Kojic acid & mix it for myself. But I don’t know if that’s enough
I also want soaps to exfoliate & lighten
I’m considering African black soap & Kojic soap? I’m not sure where to purchase all these, I’m in South Africa
I’m gonna purchase regular Vitamin C supplements.

Please help in anyway possible? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
C6665C2A-822D-4876-A895-D496FED140F8.jpg

74ED18B8-F161-4E6B-BB9B-3EC2125FC98C.jpg

What skin tone would you describe these people in the pictures? What would you consider their Mac Foundation?
I wanna use that as a measuring stick for my goal!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
@SkinQueen11 search my thread i did a post years back on how to wean off hq and maintain ur shade and loose zero shade... this method is a life saver... go to my website and you will see that thread.. even 10% hq it would be no problem to wean off lol..

i had no problem weaning hq off and i did maintaine my skin ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
@SkinQueen11 search my thread i did a post years back on how to wean off hq and maintain ur shade and loose zero shade... this method is a life saver... go to my website and you will see that thread.. even 10% hq it would be no problem to wean off lol..

Okay thank you so much, what was the title of your thread?

·
Registered
42 Posts

I found the thread, great info there! Thank you so much.

Im already using my HQ like 2-4 days to maintain so this will be easy.

Ant tips on how to mix my AA & KA?

Is is it necessary to add niacinamide?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please can you put the link of the thread you found?

i had no problem weaning hq off and i did maintaine my skin
I found the thread, great info there! Thank you so much.

Im already using my HQ like 2-4 days to maintain so this will be easy.

Ant tips on how to mix my AA & KA?

Is is it necessary to add niacinamide?

Please can you put the link on how to woed off HQ?

1541 - 1556 of 1556 Posts