Skin Care Talk banner

1541 - 1558 of 1558 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey there @SkinQueen11 what are you needing help with?
@gymrat

Okay so I’ve been lightening for 4/5 years now. I used carolight cream to get to my goal. But I really wanna get off HQ & other creams like that. I started with Fair & White But caro gave me better results.
I wanna go 1 shade lighter, especially my face & simply maintain from there. Maintaining has been tricky. I also want to lighten my lips, knuckles and remove the dark eyes. I don’t want the bleached out look. I started breaking out too most likely cause of the cream and I want to stop this & remove the pimples.

I started a shade or 2 darker than Gabriella Union and I’m a caramel with yellow undertones. I want to be a light caramel with yellow golden undertones.

I use coconut oil & a Nivea sunscreen
I’m considering getting Kojic acid & mix it for myself. But I don’t know if that’s enough
I also want soaps to exfoliate & lighten
I’m considering African black soap & Kojic soap? I’m not sure where to purchase all these, I’m in South Africa
I’m gonna purchase regular Vitamin C supplements.

Please help in anyway possible? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
C6665C2A-822D-4876-A895-D496FED140F8.jpg

74ED18B8-F161-4E6B-BB9B-3EC2125FC98C.jpg

What skin tone would you describe these people in the pictures? What would you consider their Mac Foundation?
I wanna use that as a measuring stick for my goal!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
@SkinQueen11 search my thread i did a post years back on how to wean off hq and maintain ur shade and loose zero shade... this method is a life saver... go to my website and you will see that thread.. even 10% hq it would be no problem to wean off lol..

i had no problem weaning hq off and i did maintaine my skin ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
@SkinQueen11 search my thread i did a post years back on how to wean off hq and maintain ur shade and loose zero shade... this method is a life saver... go to my website and you will see that thread.. even 10% hq it would be no problem to wean off lol..

Okay thank you so much, what was the title of your thread?

·
Registered
42 Posts

I found the thread, great info there! Thank you so much.

Im already using my HQ like 2-4 days to maintain so this will be easy.

Ant tips on how to mix my AA & KA?

Is is it necessary to add niacinamide?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please can you put the link of the thread you found?

i had no problem weaning hq off and i did maintaine my skin
I found the thread, great info there! Thank you so much.

Im already using my HQ like 2-4 days to maintain so this will be easy.

Ant tips on how to mix my AA & KA?

Is is it necessary to add niacinamide?

Please can you put the link on how to woed off HQ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Lurker here who's finally made an account
I want to start off by saying thank you to @gymrat
as a lurker I want to you've been an absolutely amazing moderator and I'm sure many will agree
there are other posters who I'd like to shout out, but I'd be here forever, so thanks to all that helped.

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this.
I have some health concerns regarding HQ, so I am trying my best to stay away from the products that contain HQ. But I am beginning to get restless. I've purchased a lot of products but nothing seems to work. I am trying to gradually lighten two shades honestly, so I don't want anything crazy.
I've been exfoliating with kojic acid for almost 4 months and I've seen no results, although I have achieved a glow. This month I've moved onto LA.
On my face I've been using
20% LA (2-3 days a week)
Mitchell Brand's Carotis cream
And on my body, Fair and White's Paris AHA body lotion.

Perhaps I need a few months to wait for the LA peel to kick in with the Carotis cream. I'm just wondering if what I'm doing is enough? Do I need to incorporate more natural products.
Is using HQ a must in order to see results.

@PhoenixCharm2018 I've found your post very helpful & you're a big advocate of LA here :)
I'd appreciate if you could help.
Did you use HQ with LA?

1541 - 1558 of 1558 Posts