Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helo ima newbie. I am in my late twenties.I am afrolatina and my normal complexion i guess is about a 7. Well my arms and sjhoulders are extremely dark from being in the sun over the years and are about two or three shades darker than the rest of my body. When i turn my arms over my natural complexion is still there. My face is more complicated. I want to know what i can begin to use that will simply remove the darker burned damamged skin to reveal my normal complexion. i have the same issue on my face. I kinda want to stay away from the HQ. It made me darker on my arms i guess after reexposure to the sun. Thinking about glycolic lotion on my arms to start and prep with then after awhile maybe some glycolic peels.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
hey cubanit, there is one thing thats scienitifcally proven and used by derms over and over again to reverse sun damaged skin/dark and restore it to its original complexion and that is : RETIN-A, Retin-A alone used for 6 monhts to a year will give you your original color back because it works to turnover your damages cells, shedding it and making way for new rejuvenated skin to appear. You will see significant results in 3 months and full results at 8 months to a year. Also, you MUST wear a SUNBLOCK from now on, meaning right now as you are reading this go out and buy urself a sunblock, you dont want ur skin to darken more. So to sum it up, use Retin-A 0.5% and SUNBLOCK to get your original color back, and I promise you will get there. Cheers.

Sources to buy RA from: alldaychemist.com, [email protected].

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay sounds good to me. Ill get a script for some in the morning. oh i have lots and lots of sunblock. what is your best recommenation for sunblock. Sun block makes my face break out soo bad. Its so oily. Would you reccomend maybe a peel or two for my arms if so which one. thanks your great.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I recommend a european sunscreen with MExoryl XL, SX, PPD 20+ and spf 50+, I have consistently had a problem with sunblock that breaks me out but this one meets all the requirements of a state of the art sunblock without the price of the expensive one: NEW Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Ultra SPF50+ - eBay (item 370221130039 end time Sep-24-09 12:35:49 PDT). Also, it is crucial to get a cleasing oil to remove ur sunblock at night, that is one of the reasons why you get breakouts because its not washed off correctly, any cleanser wont take off sunblock, a cleansing oil effectively breaks it down.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first picture has make up. Looking for one without. Okay i got em up. Cant really see my arms. do you think i should do a peel or two to start off with for my arms. im trying to order your sunblock suggestion as we speak. you r the greatest.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
18% TCA peel on your arms effectively helps shed away the build up dark dead skin thats been neglected for years. Ondine, another member, tried the 18% peel and she had good results. But dont use it on your face, the Retin-A will be more than enough for your face.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you ever heard of something called vitapeel.My skin clinic has been pushing it on me. I think it has some kind of retina in it but im skeptical.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
idk which one you are reffering to but the original Vitapeel contains the Jessner's peel - Lactic 14%, Salicylic 14% and Resorcinol 14% with the addition of AHAs and Bearberry Extract.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
18% TCA peel on your arms effectively helps shed away the build up dark dead skin thats been neglected for years. Ondine, another member, tried the 18% peel and she had good results. But dont use it on your face, the Retin-A will be more than enough for your face.[/QUOT

Which would you suggest.. TCA or Vitapeel?
i need something for my arms, knees and elbows and maybe the back of my neck.. now that it will be getting a little cooler i am trying to take advantage and really get on the ball...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Should i ask for a particular one? I was thinking about this one for my face but just wanted to know if anyone else has tried it or nows of anyone else that did before i take the plunge. Ill probally follow that up with just retina and sunscreen on my face. Is the jessner peel good for your body?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
bumping because this is close to my situation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts