Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me tell y'all about me. Well I've been try to lighten for like 3 years lmao omg its been a long time and I finally came across what I thought was my dream product and that was bio claire lotion. After like 3 weeks of using it I was unrecognizable! I was extremely light I was so happy I felt sexy and everything lol everyone said I looked different it was just amazing until little red bumps started to multiply on my face. Those little redbumps turned into huge black marks and I looked like a dalmation. I had to stop using bio claire the spots started to fade but I eventually went back to my original color which didn't take long at all maybe like a week lol. Anyway I've been using likas papya soap which I've been using for years lol (that's my baby) and funky mommy kojic acid lotion and I've gotten some good noticable results in like 2 weeks (my skin loves kojic acid). But anyway its not really lightening my little dark scars on my forehead its just lightening around the scar scar and I got this crazy idea! If I use bio claire soap maybe I'll get the same results as the lotion! Lol I'm just hoping that I made a good choice because I purchased 3 bars yesterday lol. So is this soap any good? Does it exfooliate?

·
Registered
819 Posts
tHE LITTLE RED BUMPS COULD HAVE COME DUE TO THOSE AREAS GETTING REALLY SENSITIVE. ONCE YOU REACHED YOUR GOAL YOU MUST STOP. ONCE NIGHTLY AND MOISTURISE IN THE DAY. IT KEEPS THE BALANCE.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like the soap.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
...little red bumps that then turned black & left visible scarring? YIKES! Sounds like there's something in there besides Jojic acid...

·
Registered
670 Posts
When I first tried it, it brightened me. I, then, posted about it on the net and VIOLA it's a hit.

People didn't heed my warnings on the cream smelling like poison.

As for the soap exfoliating, I use it as a skin brightener. I use the Fair and White AHA Lightening (orange soap) as an exfoliator.

Maybe try lathering up with the Bio Clair soap and leaving it on for a few minutes before washing it off. I tried that back in the day, but grew out of it. I don't remember if it did anything. Try it and see.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks!! So has anyone use the soap?
I was using the soap on my arms and legs last year and it burned them, along with the bio claire lotion. It especially made the inner fold of my arms and knees really tender and sesnsitive to the point that I wasn't able to bend my legs or walk up the steps that well because it hurt so much, so I had to try and walk like I had no knees. But, I was even trying to avoid putting much of the soap and lotion there. I have recently read that Bio Claire has been banned in some countries and will be banned in others due to the proven fact that they use corticosteroids and a small percentage of hydroquinone. I am not against the use of hq, but for a company to lie on the front of their label and say it contains no hq and then snek some in is means they are a bunch of deceptive liars.

And for them to even use large amounts of corticosteroids which is their secret ingredient "bio vegetal activator", then that is even more evil. If they have been pouring large amounts of corticosteroids in their creams and lotions, whos to say their soap is any innocent, I bet the soap is lethal too and the whole company should be banned in every country. Here is only one of the articles mentioning their details, but there are many other documentations who have tested the bio clair products: Corticosteroid creams should not be used to lighten skin Better off sticking with the Likas soap or any other safe soaps, why not use retin-a for your spots Melx0x0?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
THanks for the link. I've heard of people using these high % age steroid creams for lightening purposes. Many vendors lie about the contents of their product as well as the safety of it. Sometimes, buyers are so desperate that they'll use just about anything if it claims to lighten. THis is why it is important to be sure about yr motives b4 lightening. If it is out of insecurity or unrealistic expectations (will be instantly rich or get THE guy) then you're more likely to become desperate & make bad choices.

These side effects can be disfiguring. What a crazy risk to take.

·
Registered
670 Posts
If people don't leave those creams and lotions alone...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
,,,and then when their face falls off, they blame the HQ

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
lol... yeah I guess it's like grabbing the bag of chips at the store when your hungry, instead of carefully considering the ingredients and what is beneficial. Research is so important.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Also to mention, I don't put any of these 'lightening' soaps on my face. I use Neutrogena(the bar of soap).

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
goddessofearth, use the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser - the one that looks like a gel and comes in a pump bottle, this one has the right pH to cleanse thoroughly and not STRIP the acid mantle of your skin, the bar soap has many questionable ingredients and has a high pH that could damage ur acid mantle.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'd heard Neutrogena made a good but gentle cleanser but I couldn't, for the life of me, recall the name of it. Thanks, LNL.

·
Registered
670 Posts
goddessofearth, use the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser - the one that looks like a gel and comes in a pump bottle, this one has the right pH to cleanse thoroughly and not STRIP the acid mantle of your skin, the bar soap has many questionable ingredients and has a high pH that could damage ur acid mantle.

This Neutrogena(bar soap) is my soap FOREVAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
I've used it since I was a teen when even the doctors couldn't figure out my breakouts and this soap is sooooooooo good for my oily skin.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
So the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser and bar soap is good to keeping acne away? That's what I need then.

Yeah Karenannev I think the Bio Claire article warnings should be pasted on every skin lightening forum so Bio Clair can close their doors for good and dissapear.

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah just use a good cleanser. Its more beneficial to use a good cleanser for lightening rather than this lightening soap. There are many!!!!!!
Try an aha/bha cleanser like murads. It lasts forever and so good for ur skin

bio claire... lmao... u still wanna use them after u got jacked up by the cream

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Some people are really swayed by ads that 'look good'. If something appears slick, then tickles their ears with effusive 'testimonials' they'll pay for it! NOT ME.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts