Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, basically im 17 years old and im wondering if ANYONE has used the GLUTA C cream from funkymommy .net - Your source for skin whitening products; glutathione, alpha arbutin, kojic and more.[/url] this product looks like the real deal, however im unsure whether it works, im planning to use the gluta c cream and the soap together. I will hopefully be purchasing this product in the next few days.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi there! I just checked out the site & they have the hallmarks of a scam. First, they are unclear as to what the active ingredients & other ingredients are. I could mix some cream in my ******* & name it hydro-gluta C or whatever, show a photo of some pale person & imply that my cream 'whitens' skin. They also claim 'a fairer healthier you'. there isn't a shred of scientific that dark skin is less healthy than fair skin. there is no evidence that this cream prootes health in any way. Please save your money & read around this thread. There are creams people here are using & getting good results from. Do not buy anything allegedly medicinal from someone named funky mommy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i've used funkymommy gluta-c lightening cream for a while and no am not the seller in anyway but trust me this cream really works.i lightened a shade in one month of nightly use but the only problem i had with it was sticking on the 8hour thing(you have to put it on only for 8hours at night).it was really hard for me cos sometimes am out really late and by the time i come home and take a shower and put the cream am still sleeping in the morning when the 8hours are up.and if you don't wash the cream away after 8hours it starts to itch you.and the cream ingredients are kojic acid,arbutin and glutathione so it's all natural ingredients and really safe.it lightens up to 3 shades and then your skin stays that way like it's maintaining the new skin tone or something.i've stopped using her products for sometime now cos of all the drama on the askmehelpdesk skin lightening forum about her using multiply user names to pretend to be users of the products but am pregnant now so after giving birth i think i'll start using her products again cos they're really good and in the past i used skin lightening products and when i stopped i became darker than before but with the gluta-c cream i have returned to my original complexion.so that makes me know the cream is not damagin my skin,so i say give it a shot if you want to but then again it's you own decision and you can research and try something else but it does work

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Gorgeous lady, I am glad you feel you didn't waste your money. The ingredients in this cream are not listed on the site. There is no evidence that topical glutathione lightens skin. I double checked on Google Scholar. Neither Kojic acid nor arbutin cause permanent lightening whereby the skin maintains its lighter colour after you stop using it. When you claim you lightened 3 shades, what exactly constitutes a shade to you? I lightened by 4 foundation shades from Maybelline liquid mousse in Dark 2 up to Medium 4. If she is conducting herself unethically on the ask me site trying to fool people, it only confirms my suspicions re her product.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way ondine, can you please tell me what do you think is the best skin lightening product out there right now?

·
Registered
63 Posts
what i meant by me maintaining my shade after reaching 3 shades is that i was still using the cream but was not lightening any longer and i know that no skin lightener is permanent except for mono so i meant i was still using the cream religiously and no lightening occured any longer except for the 3 shades i reached and the cream made my new complexion just stay there and i know there is no evidence that topical glutathione lightens the skin so i think the ingredient that lightens in this cream is the kojic acid and arbutin and i forgot to add that it has retin a also in it cos when i started using it i was peeling like crazy and no am not exaggerating at all.my bf was like what is going on with the skin on your face,it looks like your skin is coming off!! she didn't add the ingredient list on her new site but on the old one it was there alright but if you click the picture of the cream you will see the ingredients on it,and also when i got the cream on the cover of the container it had all the ingredients list.ok i don't know much about comparing foundation shades to tones cos i just buy what i think goes with my skin so i checked the maybelline website so you can have an idea of the shade i was before and after.before my skin tone was like sandy beige medium 1 and after i was like nude beige light 3.5.but i hope you know even if glutathione may not lighten the skin kojic acid and arbutin does right? and i also know they are not permanent skin lighteners too.i think she just wanted more customers and that's why she was posting with different user names,but am not justifying her actions by any means since i was the first one to be infuriated by her actions.

·
Registered
63 Posts
anyways clublimers if you don't feel comfortable trying the gluta-c cream feel free and try something else cos i know there are other products that work just as well or even better

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what i meant by me maintaining my shade after reaching 3 shades is that i was still using the cream but was not lightening any longer and i know that no skin lightener is permanent except for mono so i meant i was still using the cream religiously and no lightening occured any longer except for the 3 shades i reached and the cream made my new complexion just stay there and i know there is no evidence that topical glutathione lightens the skin so i think the ingredient that lightens in this cream is the kojic acid and arbutin and i forgot to add that it has retin a also in it cos when i started using it i was peeling like crazy and no am not exaggerating at all.my bf was like what is going on with the skin on your face,it looks like your skin is coming off!! she didn't add the ingredient list on her new site but on the old one it was there alright but if you click the picture of the cream you will see the ingredients on it,and also when i got the cream on the cover of the container it had all the ingredients list.ok i don't know much about comparing foundation shades to tones cos i just buy what i think goes with my skin so i checked the maybelline website so you can have an idea of the shade i was before and after.before my skin tone was like sandy beige medium 1 and after i was like nude beige light 3.5.but i hope you know even if glutathione may not lighten the skin kojic acid and arbutin does right? and i also know they are not permanent skin lighteners too.i think she just wanted more customers and that's why she was posting with different user names,but am not justifying her actions by any means since i was the first one to be infuriated by her actions.
I noticed you were on askmehelpdesk and you were also complimenting this product, something tells me at the back of my head that maybe your trying to promote this product but i may be wrong

·
Registered
63 Posts
no am not promoting anything.didn't you follow some of my threads?i was trying out fair and white whitenizer before i found out i was pregnant but lost the baby though.am still going to try it even though some people have not had very good results but atleast most reviews have so i'll try it but i was really satisfied with the gluta-c cream results so i believe i'll definately go back to it if the fair and white doesn't work for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no am not promoting anything.didn't you follow some of my threads?i was trying out fair and white whitenizer before i found out i was pregnant but lost the baby though.am still going to try it even though some people have not had very good results but atleast most reviews have so i'll try it but i was really satisfied with the gluta-c cream results so i believe i'll definately go back to it if the fair and white doesn't work for me
im really sorry about losing your baby sorry

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
How heart breaking to lose a baby. You have my condolences.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts