Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Ouch! I think I would be too scared to try that? There are documented good things and bad things about that stuff.. Check out pictures of SLy Stallone he was ( maybe still is) taking them for his movies. But I am as curious as you, it would be interesting to know if it would work. That is a very interesting question Lordm.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I will likely take it when the time is right for me. It is not intrinsically bad the reality is that to replace this hormone is similar to HRT though the biggest risk is that as a growth hormone it would increase and speed up any cancer cells that are dividing. Under the right supervision though anyone wishing to take it needs to know the benefits and risks and weigh them for their specific situation. I personally do not believe in paternalism so in itself I believe any informed adult should be able to take most substances that are approved for medical or off label uses unless doing so will unequivocally harm them or others.

·
Registered
713 Posts
FYI:I worked for several physicians and we frequently had patients coming in requesting HGH and none of the doctors would prescribe it. I got a call one day from a cardiologist that wanted to speak to one of the physicians and the doctor was with a patient so he asked me if Dr. X had prescribed HGH to Mrs. X and I pulled the chart and told him Mrs. X had requested HGH but the doctor declined so he noted that she was going to get it online. Anyways, Mrs. X died of cardiac failure that day and when I passed the information on to the doctor he said "OMG that's why I don't prescribe it."

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
FYI:I worked for several physicians and we frequently had patients coming in requesting HGH and none of the doctors would prescribe it. I got a call one day from a cardiologist that wanted to speak to one of the physicians and the doctor was with a patient so he asked me if Dr. X had prescribed HGH to Mrs. X and I pulled the chart and told him Mrs. X had requested HGH but the doctor declined so he noted that she was going to get it online. Anyways, Mrs. X died of cardiac failure that day and when I passed the information on to the doctor he said "OMG that's why I don't prescribe it."
It is a huge risk if someone does not know their medical history and I would never expect a doctor who is not a trained endocrinologist who is well read on HGH to prescribe it. That is crazy. But for those who know there are safer ways of using it and while it is contraversial there are known short term benefits which seem thus far to be ongoing. Long term effects on health are not known but for the fact that hormone based cancers will tend to get worse and could be stimulated out of control (though this too is mainly theory still) and in some people a hardening of the arteries could occur.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have taken HGH pills for a number of years with no ill effects,but whether its done any good i just dont know,due to me taking a large amount of other (must have pills)

but recently i have been reading that HGH in pill form often does absolutely nil.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Secrets I would think you are taking a precursor not really HGH. HGH itself is only really able to be introduced into the body by injection or sublingually.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Lexi, yes you are correct.
Don't waste your money. I have been (anti-aging) since I was 22 and paid tons for those precursors and later found out they likely do absolutley nothing. I figured they were safe, would ensure at 25 I start having higher levels and do not age. Just not true!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've tried the powder for 6 months and it did nothing. The lady who sold it to me was also claiming that the grey hair will change to its natural color. BS

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Exactly mariepop. The reality is that these are no better than a placebo. They play on our desire to have the fountain of youth. Claims such as "no rx", "cheaper", "precursor stimulates your natural hgh" etc are all buzzwords meant to sell!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I am a curious person by nature I guess, but what exactly is HGH supposed to do for you? Grow more muscle, or help you keep the existing muscle you already have?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
HGH is found in young people in much higher quantities. The only medical use it has as far as "label" use (this is what it is approved to do) is to treat children with deficits of the hormone which in turn treats growth deficient conditions. It has off-label uses such as body-builders use it and other athletes much like a steroid, and in anti-aging it has uses which are presumably and allegedly for the levels to be brought to that of a younger person (as in bio-identical hormone therapy) and in turn it keeps muscle, bones, skin and health more youthful. There is evidence it works and the biggest issue with it is that it proliferates cells so in that it increases cells to turnover certain cancers can actually use it or rather feed off of it and thus can be caused to get worse much faster and unfortunately at a deadlier rate. This all said even cancer related to HGH has been hard to prove so at worse it seems to hasten the spread of a cancer. There are other side effects such as heart and lung issues and other growth/muscle related issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts