Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Susan and I am from Texas. I am so glad I stumbled on to this community. I was blessed with good skin when I was younger and have gone many nights without moisturizer. For the last couple of years I have been using moisturizers but have not seen any improvement. The skin on my jowls and neck are starting to sag and I have a couple of deep winkles on my forehead. I keep looking for products but as I stand there looking at all the different products, I get overwhelmed. I end up leaving and promising myself I will decide and come back. I don't want to spend hundreds on lotions that do not work any better then the kind you can buy at the local pharmacy. I even went to a dermatologist and all he said is that it is natural to age. I don't want to hear that. I want to do all I can to improve what I took for granted and hope it is not to late. I am interested in the information posted about the "DIY C Serum Recipe" but can't seem to find the first post that explains what that is and how it works. I look forward to learning much from all of you. Thanks you in advance for all your help.

Susan

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Fawnie!!! I appreciate all your helpful information. If everyone on this site is as helpful as you, I have found a gold mine. I noticed your siggie on the tread I was reading about the DIY C serum right away (It's skin care, not Rocket Science: FlexEffect Facial Exercise/Massage, Retin-A Micro, DIY Vitamin C Serum and high SPF/PPD sunscreen! ) first thing I did was goggle the Flex/Effect Facial Exercise. I plan to buy the book from Amazon.

I plan to take your advise. I will get the ingredients for the serum, learn more about what supplements I should take and what is a TCA peel. I think I will just read the entire DIY tread and it should have all the info.

Thanks again for all your help.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thanks for your kind words Susan and I'm glad you are interested!
Ageless If You Dare is another good exercise program that is only $10 for the online download. I think she now has a DVD available too.
Ageless If We Dare - Home

To be honest I do both Ageless and FlexEffect depending on how much time I have. Ageless is only about 5 minutes a day. FE is about 45. They are not alike and some ppl prefer one over the other. I started with FE and then added Ageless so I think FE is a good place to start - it is more in-depth and complete. Ageless is also a great program for ppl who already know a little about facial exercise.

Hope you are finding your way around here OK!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hello seeking results so glad you are going to be part of our group, you have one of the best people giving you advice! Enjoy the sight and have fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kitskid! I am learning. I just need to remember to do it after work. I thought I would glance at the site during lunch and 2 hours later, I was realized I was late from lunch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts