Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I stumbled on the site too. I have worked in beauty and cosmetics for years but I have really annoying combi skin which can be dry yet I have blocked pores. My preference is leaning towards natural products but am quite open to anything that actually works.

Does anyone know of a good calming lotion for skin?

Also looking for a miracle... anything that is good for blocked pores?

S X

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hello,

I stumbled on the site too. I have worked in beauty and cosmetics for years but I have really annoying combi skin which can be dry yet I have blocked pores. My preference is leaning towards natural products but am quite open to anything that actually works.

Does anyone know of a good calming lotion for skin?

Also looking for a miracle... anything that is good for blocked pores?

S X
Welcome Swayne!

I think Dr Hauschka is a nice natural line that doesn't have pore-clogging ingredients and is gentle to all skins.

I like the Cleansing Cream! It's actually an almond paste with other ingredients that you "press and roll" on the skin. It's very good at sucking the gunk out of pores and leaving the skin fresh and clean. I use Cleansing Lotion first to remove makeup and then this and then the Toner.

Another good thing for blocked pores is anything with salicylic acid (Beta hydroxy acid). Aspirin/honey masks are cheap and work great! Here's a tutorial:

YouTube - Soft Skin With an Aspirin Mask! (tutorial)

HTH U!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, I saw that aspirin mask on youtube too! Sounds interesting, but I have dry skin so didn't try it. I'm a fan of Paula's Choice BHA formulas. I use lotion, but I think theres another lighter formula too. Great customer service and website too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts