Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting married in three months and decided i needed to clear my skin up... im 23 with combi skin and a few spots on my forehead... went to a beautician who encouraged me to try the dermalogica medibac clearing skin wash...which i did... but now have really dry skin all over my cheeks and even more spots on my forehead! I have only used it for three days so far, once in the morning and once at night as recommended by the beautician... its made my skin 10 times worse and i dont know what to doooo!

any recommendations pls - should i ditch dermalogica/continue using it in the hope that my skin sorts itself out/ try something else??

thanking you in advance!

·
Registered
67 Posts
As your skin is drying out on your cheek area it sounds as if these products are too harsh for your skin type. Sometimes products will appear to make a skin condition worsen such as extra breakouts and this can be caused by clearing of blocked pores. Though this probably is not the case for you. Go back to where you purchased these products are ask for an exchange for something suited to your skin type and condition. If there is nothing they can suggest ask for a full refund. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dermalogica products are apparently guaranteed if you have had face mapping and they have been prescribed to you, however, I was told you have to give it at least 28 days for them to work as that's the average cell renewal period. But if they don't work for you Dermalogica offer 100% cash back, not sure how long you have to be using them for though..
I would be interested to know how you get on anj!
T. x

·
Registered
0 Posts
It's definately too harsh for your skin.If you are now cleared up, I suggest a mild cleanser and toner, followed by a moisturizing lotion.Skin with breakouts should use lotion, not creams.If you get a blemish here or there, try toothpaste on the spot...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie from the Caribbean. I was doing some research on skin care products that would lighten my complexion due to serious sun damage. I came across Vicco Turmeric vanishing cream. Q - does anyone know if this product can be used all over your entire body or is it just for your face?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Trinibeti,

The Vicco Turmeric Vanishing Cream is mainly used on the face to treat a variety of skin conditions including acne scarring and overall skin condition. However if you wanted to spot treat an area of your body this would not be a problem of course. For example if you have a scar you would like to lighten. Would be a great product for the back of hands as well.

jill18

1 - 6 of 6 Posts