Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new here but I've been lurking SCT for a few years now.

Back story: I used to be very light skin when I was a child even as a teenager.

But as I got older, I started getting really dark.

I'm a bit new to bleaching/ toning my skin. I started using diva maxima and over the years, that left deep stretch marks on my chest, arms, hips and waist. I stopped using the creme for almost 5 years and I go extremely dark .

Fast forward to 2019, I read on SCT about someone's success story using Carol white lotion and soap and I tried it. For the first time in ages, my skin was radiating. I had a very clear skin, not the obvious bleaching type. I maintained it and regularly wear sun screen.

But then I realized, carowhite isn't working on my skin again. I live in a tropical country and the sun is scorching. Now my skin is just dull red and getting darker and drier

I'm contemplating whether to take a break from carowhite but I'm afraid to go back darker than normal.

Please can someone help recommend something for me? It could be a routine or products to try. Thanks all, I appreciate your feedbacks.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hello! Yes that tends to happen when using HQ - when used for very long the skin becomes "immune" to it. The way I use it (when I do) is to apply it for a short duration - in my case being a maximum of 3-4 months (when I go beyond this my skin doesn't lighten and instead starts to darken). After I achieve my desired tone I slowly switch to a maintenance regimen with KA and AHAs, while slowly tapering down the hq. Eg if I was using the hq 5 days a week, I'd make it 3 times HQ and 2 times KA for maintenance on the first week - then the next week I'd taper it down to 2 times hQ and 3 times KA and so forth.
Everyone's skin is different so experiment and find out your skin's threshold for HQ, and when you reach it switch to other lighteners to maintain your tone. Of course exfoliation, sunscreen and supplements (vitamin c, omega 3, msm etc) are a must.
Hope that helps 💜

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! Yes that tends to happen when using HQ - when used for very long the skin becomes "immune" to it. The way I use it (when I do) is to apply it for a short duration - in my case being a maximum of 3-4 months (when I go beyond this my skin doesn't lighten and instead starts to darken). After I achieve my desired tone I slowly switch to a maintenance regimen with KA and AHAs, while slowly tapering down the hq. Eg if I was using the hq 5 days a week, I'd make it 3 times HQ and 2 times KA for maintenance on the first week - then the next week I'd taper it down to 2 times hQ and 3 times KA and so forth.
Everyone's skin is different so experiment and find out your skin's threshold for HQ, and when you reach it switch to other lighteners to maintain your tone. Of course exfoliation, sunscreen and supplements (vitamin c, omega 3, msm etc) are a must.
Hope that helps 💜

Thanks so much, please what's an AHA?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts