Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really like oglow, I think it's by lorac or smashbox. Anyway it is kind of colorless and adapts to your lip color. Also slightly less tingly than fusion....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Has anyone tried one that works well?
Thanks!
IT just so happens that I have been doing alot of research on the lip plumpers myself after reading a thread on this very site! I also went to youtube and checked out the videos on individual tests of various brands. It looks to me that the most popular is the lip fusion XL and the OPlump by smashbox. I did some price comparisons also and it looks like your best bargain will be from amazon.com. You could also try the lip venom, but from what I have learned, it actually hurts! At the moment I've been using the Sally Hansen lip inflation with pretty good results and one of the cheapest on the market. It contains cinnamon (I think) as its "irritant" and doesn't burn or taste bad. It just has a slight tingle to it which I find refreshing. It also comes in a few nice colors along with the clear version. The last time I purchased this product, I bought the clear and got the blush color for free, that was a real deal! I would, however, like to try the ones that use collagen that plump your lips with their own moisture rather than the "irritant" effect. So, my plan is to buy the lipfusion XL and continue my use of Sally Hansen during the day as a touch up. Hope you find one that works for you!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
It seems odd that they want us to believe that collagen (a large molecule) can somehow be transported into the skin of the lips!..at least the peppermint and cinnamon are irritants and make us FEEL like our lips are bigger! Has anyone really found a topical product that markedly increased the size of the lips for any period of time??

There has been research done on transdermal hyaluronic acid (like Juvederm) using iontophoresis, but only for plumping up lines, not enlarging the lips.
http://www.mattioliengineering.eu/ve.../RaoDT2005.pdf

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yes Fawnie, I agree, oh what we will fall for when we want to believe something that is darn near impossible! Worth a shot I guess!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
It seems odd that they want us to believe that collagen (a large molecule) can somehow be transported into the skin of the lips!..at least the peppermint and cinnamon are irritants and make us FEEL like our lips are bigger! Has anyone really found a topical product that markedly increased the size of the lips for any period of time??

There has been research done on transdermal hyaluronic acid (like Juvederm) using iontophoresis, but only for plumping up lines, not enlarging the lips.
http://www.mattioliengineering.eu/ve.../RaoDT2005.pdf
Fawnie, will you read me that article from Dermatology Times. The print is too darn small for these poor eyes-

The pictures looks nice though-

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Sure, Gymrat! It says, "Wire fawnie $50 and she will read this small print to you!" LOL
LOL, I need to get my eyes checked. I think I must spend too much time on this

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have lip fusion, lip venom and avon plump and fill. Out of all 3 the Avon brand works the best (for long term) but it's not as much fun to use because the container is ugly.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Yeah but the reward....besides going blind....is LEGEND STATUS!!!!!

CN U READ THIS GYMRAT????
Ur a funny one-

yep can read that clear as day!! Gosh do you think the day will come where I have to get the maginifying glass to read the paper?? I can remember my granny having to do that-

Oh, sorry, back to lip plumpers.......haven't found a single one that works they way they claim they do-

My sesderma fillderma product is about as good as it gets for me.

SeSDERMA Fillderma Lips

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I use Fusion XL (just the plumper instead of any colour) as a gloss all day and at night I use an AWESOME one by md Formulations called THE TEMPS. It is amazing my lips look about three times bigger by morning and when I skip a night I REALLY notice it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know if it helps, but many lip brands now make a lip gloss which gives a tingling/slight heated feeling after about 30 seconds of applying. They taste rough and...they do not work to make lips any bigger!

They make you feel like your lips are bigger- we associate something that feels like its being mildly irritated as being swollen and so larger in size. But these glosses do not actually make your lips any larger -you'd have exactly the same result with pepper, ginger or wasabi paste. I read an article- really sorry, I cannot remember the exact site! But it was a professional skin care site and it had done proper measurement tests and found the glosses to fail.

Think the best way to get lips to appear to be plumer is with make-up artist type shading, a good strong lip liner and matte foundation around your jawline and lip line. Keep everything else subtle or muted, make your lips a feature and they will stand out and seem bigger and pull more attention in.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I don't know if it helps, but many lip brands now make a lip gloss which gives a tingling/slight heated feeling after about 30 seconds of applying. They taste rough and...they do not work to make lips any bigger!

They make you feel like your lips are bigger- we associate something that feels like its being mildly irritated as being swollen and so larger in size. But these glosses do not actually make your lips any larger -you'd have exactly the same result with pepper, ginger or wasabi paste. I read an article- really sorry, I cannot remember the exact site! But it was a professional skin care site and it had done proper measurement tests and found the glosses to fail.

Think the best way to get lips to appear to be plumer is with make-up artist type shading, a good strong lip liner and matte foundation around your jawline and lip line. Keep everything else subtle or muted, make your lips a feature and they will stand out and seem bigger and pull more attention in.
I agree with you. All the lip glosses are a waste. Unless you like the tingling feeling. I read an article on wasabi paste too. I CAN'T STAND wasabi so I knew that wasn't an option for me.

I will have to do some research and see if I can come up with that article.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I agree with you. All the lip glosses are a waste. Unless you like the tingling feeling. I read an article on wasabi paste too. I CAN'T STAND wasabi so I knew that wasn't an option for me.

I will have to do some research and see if I can come up with that article.
Beauty and the Budget: Plump Lips

wasabi article

·
Registered
412 Posts
Before the Lip fusion XL came out, I bought the regular clear lip plumper by lip fusion. I put that on first and add a lipstick over it. I like the results-like a sheer, glossy lipstick. I can't say it made my non-existent upper lip bigger but definietly makes it look a little fuller and shiny and stays on pretty well. No way in hell would I pay $50 for a lip plumper like XL! I'd save the money towards an injectable lip filler that actually works!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts