Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to start by saying hi and this is a fantastic helpful site from what ive been reading so far and im after some advice on a product i have from my dermatologist, (kligman's ointment 50g) there were no instructions she did briefly mention what to do but i was thinking it will be on the jar and the dr is away until next week and the chemists have no idea on this product
i started using it 2 days ago at night for minor sun pigmentation on neck and minor on face and was told i could use it all over my face in which i did for the last 2 nights and have been given a sample of 30spf sunscreen to use when outdoors i look like i have minor sunburn and peeling today just wanting to know is this normal as i have not alot of knowledge on this product im also from australia and summer is approaching soon is this sunblock going to be enough or are they any others that would be alot better

kligman's ointment 50g contains
hydroquinone 5%
tretinoin 0.1%
ASC acid 0.5%
dexamethasone 0.1%
propylene glycol 20% in emuls oint

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi skg, and welcome to the site.

I did a quick search and found that there is a thread called Skin Bleaching Compounds from Medical Journals. You will be able to find it by going to the search button which is at the top of the page.
There are some references to the Kligmans cream in the thread.

Another way around this site is to go to search and put in the name of the product you are looking for, be sure to hit the show posts button to get all the relevant info.. This will bring up all the references for you.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i have a had look at the threads but im really hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has used it and if this is normal cause i really didnt expect it make my skin peel and become red especially after 2 days of using it as i wasnt told any of this by my dermatologist and now i cant leave the house all i was told was this cream will give me an even skin tone nothing about the affects etc except of course to wear sunscreen
i so need to ask questions more often when im at the dr's lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts