Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all you guys..everyone is so helpful here , just wanted some advice on what to use and share some of the results of products ive used....

Im of pakistanis origin living in the Uk so I know only know how fair skin is prized..its like ur life depended on it no joke! .Being dark skinned is not an option.. All my female relatives have use at least some kind of bleaching cream ..but I would rather be safe then sorry..

My skin tone has always fluctuated quite alot its really annoying.. God knows why..I was pale olive skinned toddler ,,quite dark as a kid ..then i hit 17 and my skin tone lightened to about Jessica Alba skin tone .. I never used anything it just happend! I got lots of compliments because it suited my features (ive got small features for pakistanis)..and I just glowed maybe cause its because it was the prime of my life or something lol But then i hit bout 22 and skin tone went dark again ) : the compliments stopped self esteem went down..
Im probably now the same colour as freda pinto but with really sallow/olives undertone its not a good look..she looks gorgeous with it but not me! I tan soo easily which I hate makes going out enjoying the sun difficult !

I only want to lighten bout 2 shades (Im not trying to be greedy!) and am not sure whether to take the whole HQ/RA option 1, im not sure as being the uk I would be able to get HQ easily and when I wanted and 2, Im not sure I can totally avoid the sun Im just being realistic..my mum thinks im barmy for wearing sunblock as it is(its not common for paki women to do) shes never worn any in her life and she has porcelain smooth skin I know its not fair !

I was thinking of taking antioxidant supplement..using a good whitening soap which doesnt make you sensitive to the sun..{know bout likas but just dont think I want use it on face heard it can cause wrinkles!)..glycolic acid cleanser ..lightening cream with RA im not sure... so confused!

Review of some things Ive TRIED!

SWISS GLUTATHIONE SOAP: very minimal results after 3months use like less half a shade gave up because I didnt like the texture it gave my skin! might of been better result after a longer time..

TOP GEL PAPAYA SOAP
Got great results with this after bout 6wks was bout shade lighter!..but disappointingly got rebound darkening..so gave that up pretty quick!

TOP GEL PEARL CREAM
Was a gloopy mess to put on your face a thick white paste! no results after a month ( but lots of people on the net got good results)

ESTEE LAUDER WHITENING NIGHT RECOVERY
Very minimal results made your skin slightly clearer good for white skin needing to be brightened up. not worth it soo expensive!!

I would be so grateful for any advice thankyou!!

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
For your face, the best that money can buy are Skinceuticals C + E Ferulic Serum or Biomedic Vitamin C Serum 10-20%. These are quite expensive but it is scientifically proven to work on your skin. These should be use on the face/neck. Or you can just make it yourself, check the numerous DIY Vitamin C Serum over at the anti-aging department.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wont be able to make it Im rubbish at things like that lol..Ive checked out skinceutical one its pricey but if use it only for face/neck should be bearable.! cant find the other one but il keep looking ..thanks again il have a go at this and see what happens !

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
LNL, how long will the microfiber cleansing cloth last for good results, (months/weeks) alsoshould I use it while also using retin-a?

Sophis, I thought Top Gel products has corticosteroids in it, so I have heard.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
it lasts for 3 to 4 months, yes you should, in the morning after the Retin-A left your skin peely all night, you simply wet your face, wet the cloth - wring it out and gently exfoliate ur peels off with the cloth in circular motions. Follow with the HQ and sunblock with moisturizer.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
14 Posts
this may sound lazy but if anywone makes the vit c DIY would you consider selling it to others on this site???? You could make a bit of profit...and everyone would be happy.. let me know

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi eternal! about Topgel products ive checked the ingredients list and it doesnt mention it contains a steroid ..all the ingredients sound pretty ok..shame it didnt work!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts