Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've only now discovered this fantastic forum. I'm currently applying Caro white with its serum and clobetasol to my face, legs, and arms with plastic gloves daily at night. I've gone up approximately three shades, but my face isn't lightening as effectively. On my face, I've used 60 percent glycolic acid. My skin peeled, but it darkened even more, making me look uneven. I've found that it's difficult for me to lighten my face. Can anyone recommend some strong creams for my face and body/routine? I'm not seeing much progress I feel like I’m wasting money :(((((

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I eagerly waiting for a response!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello, I've only now discovered this fantastic forum. I'm currently applying Caro white with its serum and clobetasol to my face, legs, and arms with plastic gloves daily at night. I've gone up approximately three shades, but my face isn't lightening as effectively. On my face, I've used 60 percent glycolic acid. My skin peeled, but it darkened even more, making me look uneven. I've found that it's difficult for me to lighten my face. Can anyone recommend some strong creams for my face and body/routine? I'm not seeing much progress I feel like I’m wasting money :(((((

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I eagerly waiting for a response!!!
You said you lightened three shades, are you still brown?

Have you tried exfoliating gloves and soap...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You said you lightened three shades, are you still brown?

Have you tried exfoliating gloves and soap...
Hello, and thank you for your response.

Yes, I’ve used both and my face is brown but body is light. The main issue is my face; I tried Paula's Choice 8 percent aha and slowly peeled; I wanted to try something stronger, so I introduced 60 percent glycolic acid, which darkened me; perhaps I got a burn. For my body I've started exfoliating my body with orange peeling oil, and it's lightening faster than my face. My shade face is Taraji P in the pic below, surprisingly my body lights up faster. I'm guessing it has something to do with the harsh exfoliation I've put on my skin or the effectiveness of the creams. I've also noticed that my face darkens faster than the rest of my body, which is odd. I have to use lotions on my face around 5 times a week or it would darken quickly. I've read through this thread and it's so jam-packed with information which made me realise that I don’t have a proper regime. Can you suggest one for me?

8AC7D586-8EEB-4DF5-BB0A-11C904C6F3DD.jpeg

From what I read I’m planning to introduce the following products:

Body:
-IKB gel/Neoprosone Gel fort
-Maxi White Serum
-labidjainaise lotion
-Dodo white/g&g/ Caro white lotion

To exfoliate:
-Retinol a
-Epsom salt once a week
-Amlactin
-Korean exfoliating glove

Skin building (weekends)
-shea butter
-Vitamin e

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello, and thank you for your response.

Yes, I’ve used both and my face is brown but body is light. The main issue is my face; I tried Paula's Choice 8 percent aha and slowly peeled; I wanted to try something stronger, so I introduced 60 percent glycolic acid, which darkened me; perhaps I got a burn. For my body I've started exfoliating my body with orange peeling oil, and it's lightening faster than my face. My shade face is Taraji P in the pic below, surprisingly my body lights up faster. I'm guessing it has something to do with the harsh exfoliation I've put on my skin or the effectiveness of the creams. I've also noticed that my face darkens faster than the rest of my body, which is odd. I have to use lotions on my face around 5 times a week or it would darken quickly. I've read through this thread and it's so jam-packed with information which made me realise that I don’t have a proper regime. Can you suggest one for me?

View attachment 67103
From what I read I’m planning to introduce the following products:

Body:
-IKB gel/Neoprosone Gel fort
-Maxi White Serum
-labidjainaise lotion
-Dodo white/g&g/ Caro white lotion

To exfoliate:
-Retinol a
-Epsom salt once a week
-Amlactin
-Korean exfoliating glove

Skin building (weekends)
-shea butter
-Vitamin e
Please avoid neoprosone gel, it's steroid, risky.

Exfoliate your face less, take two days off weekly to skin build. Try arbutin or Kojic on your face.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I think my face lightens up without strong exfoliation. I will avoid steroid creams.

What percentage of arbutin would you recommend? I’ve heard a lot of people raving about retin a maybe it would be too strong for my face.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes, I think my face lightens up without strong exfoliation. I will avoid steroid creams.

What percentage of arbutin would you recommend? I’ve heard a lot of people raving about retin a maybe it would be too strong for my face.

You can try, it might work for you. Try the low percentage fIrst. Steroids are for short term use, but risky on face depends on the person though. I've seen a lot use it and look amazing no side effects.

Your regime looks good. Just be consistent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts