Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've only now discovered this fantastic forum. I'm currently applying Caro white with its serum and clobetasol to my face, legs, and arms with plastic gloves daily at night. I've gone up approximately three shades, but my face isn't lightening as effectively. On my face, I've used 60 percent glycolic acid. My skin peeled, but it darkened even more, making me look uneven. I've found that it's difficult for me to lighten my face. Can anyone recommend some strong creams for my face and body/routine? I'm not seeing much progress I feel like I’m wasting money :((((
Thank you for taking the time to read, and I eagerly waiting for a response!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your face darkend more? how??
I wasn’t being consistent with my creams, didn’t use them 5 times a week. I didn’t realise that I needed to use my creams that often or else I would darken. I also over exfoliated which made my face darker and damaged it with strong peels. Didn’t use vitamin c serum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wasn’t being consistent with my creams, didn’t use them 5 times a week. I didn’t realise that I needed to use my creams that often or else I would darken. I also over exfoliated which made my face darker and damaged it with strong peels. Didn’t use vitamin c serum.
hmm doesnt make sense for me (im new tho).

why would u darken just because you didnt use it 5times a week or didnt use vit C? im scared that i will darken too with retin A, HQ, and 30% lactic acid. what do you think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hmm doesnt make sense for me (im new tho).

why would u darken just because you didnt use it 5times a week or didnt use vit C? im scared that i will darken too with retin A, HQ, and 30% lactic acid. what do you think?
Hey babe, everyone’s skin is different. I darkened because I wasn’t consistent, I took long breaks where I didn’t use anything because I was lazy. When I was being consistent I saw great results, I lightened significantly within 2 week. Then to try and lighten quickly I recently tried to exfoliate with 60% glycolic acid ( this is way too strong for my face) which gave me dark patches. I think that you won’t darken as long as your consistent and you don’t over exfoliate your face because skin on the face is sensitive. What products are you using to build your skin because it’s important too. I see you use Retin A, would you recommend it for sensitive skin?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey babe, everyone’s skin is different. I darkened because I wasn’t consistent, I took long breaks where I didn’t use anything because I was lazy. When I was being consistent I saw great results, I lightened significantly within 2 week. Then to try and lighten quickly I recently tried to exfoliate with 60% glycolic acid ( this is way too strong for my face) which gave me dark patches. I think that you won’t darken as long as your consistent and you don’t over exfoliate your face because skin on the face is sensitive. What products are you using to build your skin because it’s important too. I see you use Retin A, would you recommend it for sensitive skin?
hi.
so far i used alpha arbutin, niacinamide, retin a, vit c and aha 30%. nothing else. but no results.

i ordered HQ now.

retin a is harsh tbh i peeled hard at the beginning and my skin was very red/hot. and my skin is thick. so start very low. or maybe use adapalene instead of retin A.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi.
so far i used alpha arbutin, niacinamide, retin a, vit c and aha 30%. nothing else. but no results.

i ordered HQ now.

retin a is harsh tbh i peeled hard at the beginning and my skin was very red/hot. and my skin is thick. so start very low. or maybe use adapalene instead of retin A.
You just exfoliated a lot, when I exfoliated I saw no results too, but when you start using hydroquinone on your exfoliated skin this is when you’ll see significant results and starting moving shades up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You just exfoliated a lot, when I exfoliated I saw no results too, but when you start using hydroquinone on your exfoliated skin this is when you’ll see significant results and starting moving shades up.
i only used aha 30% every 2-3 days is that alot? but thanks i hope it works, i just want to remove my suntan.

i will try hq, retina and LA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts