Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's so much information and enthusiasm in this forum -I'm really pleased to be joining.

I cannot stop staring at the dancing elephant.

One thing I've noticed in many posts -is that people are often unsure whether or not a new product is working for them. (is it just the honeymoon period? Is it something else that I started? Am I deluding myself because I spent so damn much money that I had to burn the receipt and bury the ashes in the back yard?)

Since I'm pretty much starting from scratch -I'll try to add things really slowly, and share as much as I can about what seems to be working for me.

But, where to begin...

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Welcome Varya,

Where to begin! Isn't that the truth!
What do you want to accomplish? I guess that's a good place to start.

Good that you aren't trying to do too much at once..a good scientific approach!
You probably know the importance of sunscreen....right?!!

Glad you are here and share with us!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Welcome Varya -

It is nice to meet you!

I personally am waiting for a dancing dog, but he hasn't appeared yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9! Nine dancing elephants! -Those remind me of how good the Dumbo soundtrack is. (I stand by that assessment, even though it's been 20+years)

Off topic, though- as I don't have elephant skin yet. I do have fair skin with redness all around the nose / broken capillaries that I assume will need professional treatment / congestion, especially on my nose, around the lips and chin.

I have used Differin, with some success, but it is always such a fine line between just enough, and red irritated mess.

I haven't been the best with sunscreen. I don't have very apparent spots- just a quality about the skin on my face and chest that is sort of, um, cruddy. ? I would love to take back all of my negativity about being pale and embrace the whiteness. (Mary-Louise Parker!)

I did just buy the (ever-so-seductive) baby quasar. -hasn't been delivered yet. I hope that it will actually be of some use, as I'm not quite clear what my reasoning was- other than late night internet binge shopping.

Perhaps, I will save money by coming straight here instead...

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know you better.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Varya!

Re: Baby Q LED device. I've used mine for 2 years now. I like my skin, but can't say what one thing is helping the most. I believe the BabyQ helps stimulate collagen production so I wouldn't want to stop using it.

I use a hyaluronic acid serum on my face right before doing the BabyQ treatment and I think it helps with plumping up the skin - I do notice a glow that lasts. (Dr Hauschka Regenerating Serum)

By all means keep in touch with the ppl at the BabyQ company - Alex has been a help to me and can guide you to a customized program of use for your skin. They want you to succeed!

fawnie

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Fawnie,

Thanks for your advice about the BabyQ- I will get in touch with the company for some advice. I have the blue and pink coming (hopefully, some sort of instruction, too!)

I was wondering if you could help me think out a mini plan... Right now, I'm using a cleanser that I like, aloe vera, and a little jojoba oil if my skin feels dry. (it's pretty oily) -Do you think that I should just add the BabyQ for now- see what kind of difference it makes?

I have clogged pores, some pimples, a bit of sun damage and uneven texture, oily oily, some enlarged pores, some redness and broken capillaries. (yum!)

When you lay it out like that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts