Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My name is Mel and i'm 41.Nine years ago i had a hysterectomy(total)and about a month ago stopped taking my HRT.
Before stopping my skin just beside my nose on the edges of my nose and on my forehead started to get v dry and scaly this has now spread to overall dryness but still with the problem areas. Can anyone give advice please?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Melli I had a hysterectomy as well but have one ovary so no meds for me.It does sound like it could be something hormonal, I would slather on some moisturizer and go see a doctor. Maybe you your body wasn't quite ready to quit the HRT yet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Melli, I too have had a hysterectomy, but it was many years ago. I'm not in favour of HRT unless it's bio-Identical (natural progesterone etc). I've read that using a natural oestrogen cream can be beneficial for dry skin after a hysterectomy.

Welcome to the site, hope others are able to help you out.

·
Registered
679 Posts
welcome mel, i too had a total hysterectomy many years ago. i was taking the bio identical hormones. i am a compounding pharmacy technician and i make these hormones. they helped me a lot. i took them for 10 years. i went off of them on my own because i couldn't afford to see my gyn for more refills. i am doing fine. i think that if you speak with your doctor he might prescribe the natural hormones for you. you don't need major doses. the smallest milligram that is sufficient for your body works. there are a lot of compounding pharmacies out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts