Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. Hi to all of you out there!!
I am 44 and have taken care of my skin my whole life. Sunscreen Since I was 13. I don't have many wrinkles, lines or even brown spots. I am very fair with blue eyes and always burn, sensitive skin galore. I have rocsea and use Metrogel, it works very well. My dermatologist told me I may have to use something for wrinkles in the future but not now. But........

Recently I went through a rough time and suffered from horrible depression subsequently gaining weight...so now my face is fat and not attractive. Planning on going back to weight watchers.

I do have a question. I have heard the rave about Kate Sommerville and wonder if her exfolikate and other products are really living up to the hype. My skin is so sensitive that I end up sending soo many products back.

Just wondering if any body has used her line.
Thanks in advance.
pianogirl

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Pianogirl! Welcome!
I used some of Kate's products but didn't think they were Holy Grail status. Pretty expensive too. You get sucked in with the infomercials tho. They are the debbil. I go to MakeupAlley.com to read reviews before buying, or get samples.

Did your Derm mention Retin-A? I don't know how it would work with rosacea but it works for wrinkles!!

Best
fawnie

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
No my derm didn't do Retina A, she just put me on the Metrogel and it cleared up the redness right away. She didn't want to treat me for wrinkles this soon, she said I didn't need anything. I of course am always looking for the newest stuff. First I am going to loose weight, after vacation...I am looking at the beach as I write this, no not in the sun.

I haven't combed the site but someone here recomended Cellex-C sensitive skin.

I also go to makeup alley and read the reviews. That site is so helpful.

I am off to take a nap. Looking at the surf from my air conditioned condo is my type of vacation. I know some think I am crazy for not getting out in the sand...but I don't really care what others think. I earned this vacation and you know the rest.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well you enjoy yourself pianogirl! Good luck with all of it and have a great time!!
Yes Cellex-C is a good brand. Also SkinCeuticals for C serums.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hello pianogirl, great to have you on SCT...you will get terrific advice here and get to talk to some amazing people...have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts