Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while and now finally decided to join

I hope by doing so I will be steady in my work and not give up so easily! I feel kind off depressed at the moment as summer is coming up and my whole face and back is covered in dark acne marks/hyperpigmentation and just looks plain nasty...have other issues as well (hair issues) but anyway I am determined to stay positive and try and work things out as much as possible

Oh and lastly I'm a girl, 25 years old and living in Europe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response fawnie!

I have been using/am using a cream called Ultraquin (because you could buy it online without prescription) and try to do a sugarscrub daily so the hydroquinone gets absorbed more into the skin. Otherwise when it comes to my back...I have no clue what to do... I've tried a few things that I read about on acne.org and hoping they will help in time, but so far not much has happened. I just bought a bottle of Palmers Skin sucess fade cream and will try that for the coming month...

As it is now I wear lots of foundation everday to look okay (I blend concealer with Lancome Teint Idole Ultra) so you might get an idea how bad it is. I have all types of weird things going on like hyperpigmented dark brownish marks from acne all over my face plus some other brownish patches (eg. around my mouth).

I've also been thinking about doing lactic acid peels but will probably wait until summer is over to do that...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi rubarb
I am NEW too!! and my kid has the same problem... I have bought her sooo many different products but no luck...

Hi fawnie! I have been reading this forum for so long too and your words and articles you posted helped me save a lot of $$$! Thank you! If you know any products or treatments for acne and acne scars, plz tell us

Thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Well that's great! Not that your kid has problems
, but that we are both newbies here and looking for the same solutions!

So JILL, may I ask what degree of problems your daughter has? Because even though not much that I tried helped me, it might help her.

As for now I am giving HQ a try, but it seems not all hydroquinone products are equally good somehow...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcoming

Well my hair issues, they're not so fun to think about but basically I have gotten really thin hair over the course of the last couple of years (2,5 years roughly), I used to have thick curly hair but now its so thin that I have to straighten it and put some special products so scalp wont show through

The other problem regarding hair is that I have too much of it on other places ironically, which is not fun in the least (but I have always had so it isn't something that happened recently or anything). Even though I have no medical problems according to the docs, I can't help feeling there might be some hormonal imbalances going on anyhow.

My self-esteem is kind of at its rock bottom right now...

But I try to stay as positive as I can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
rubarb, my daughter's skin is pretty bad... i cannot tell her this but her face does look like 'crater' (the surface of the moon). she has been using a concealer by SHISEIDO and it covers the scars very well. however, she is looking for products that HELP her skin to get better... not to hide... i personally like japanese, korean and french skincare products cuz they r SAFE but WORKS for me
i just bought my daughter "AHA refine soap" by ozaki cosmetics (i think they are japanese company? not sure...) it has been a week but i have not seen any change...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts