Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be here in your lovely community. Your site looks great and I can already tell people really care about the community here.

I'm an Internet Marketing Consultant.

Dun, dun, DUNNNNNNN!!!!!

haha
But hey, I'm not here to sell. I read and respect all your rules for registration and saw them again in the sticky post at the top of this forum. I'm here to observe and contribute.

What I hope to learn through this community is what is really important to active skin health & care seekers. Skin care marketing intrigues me because it appeals to your visual senses, but I can only get the real dig on products through knowledgeable, hands-on folks such as yourselves.

So tell me a little about yourselves! Tell me how long you've been here and why your favorite skin care product is your favorite!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Welcome. Good to have another dude here.
I've been here since last November.
Favorite products....a high spf/ppd photo-stable sunscreen (Bioderma, Garnier Ambre Solaire), retin-a (tretinoin), DIY vitamin C serum.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Howdy from the DEEP south. I joined last month. I have learned a lot so far and I have really enjoyed all the folks here. My favorite things are AHA, RA, TCA. Glad you are here and enjoy all the great folks here as I have done.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hello! i joined like last week and have no idea what im doing! Yay!
i do like burts bees lip balm tho its like eating a minty

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
(isn't he cute?!
)

Hello THP Nate! I'm fawnie and I joined in Jan this year.
What I like? It changes with the wind, but I'm usually faithful to some form of high SPF/PPD cosmetically elegant sunscreen, and a retinol or retinoid, and my DIY vitamin C+E ferulic serum.
This week's favorites are: Bioderma Photoderm MAX 50 cream and Green Cream!
They protect and build collagen, respectively.

So what are your favorites? and why?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hello...I joined a couple of weeks ago! I'm still not sure what skincare routine i'll be following but I'm learning loads from just reading all the posts. Everyone is lovely and friendly....and very helpful! Am sure you will like it here

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Jewels: I just signed up tonight too. It's really morning. I am the late, late show. The posts and topics are pretty overwhelming. Oh, the quest for purpetual beauty, it's really the impossible dream, but I keep on keeping on. At almost 69 I guess I'll have to surrender sometime soon. My mother was a model and she lived to almost 91. She was still putting her makeup on six weeks before she died. Nevertheless she did not like losing her physical beauty and it's like mother like daughter.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Welcome Nate from Lexington, KY.

I'm gymrat, been around here since Feb of this year. I like lots of different things. I am like fawnie and my choice of products change quite often. I like the challenge-

For this week.........I like my DIY Vit C serum, as it gives me a great glow-
I am pretty faithful to RA and GC at night, along with either sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, or rosehip seed oil, depending on how my skin is feeling. For under the eye area I use Viterol A over my RA or GC. I also use a BHA/AHA peel once a week, and in the Winter I use a good TCA peel.

Oh and one more thing.........I use Latisse for eyelash growth-gotta love that!!
So ya, we are all pretty much skincare junkies around here-

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, what a great welcome!
Looks like I have some reading to do to catch up on all these acronyms you all are using, haha.

@periwinkle - Yeah, I know it! Rare to see other guys into these things. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.

@fawnie - I'll have to look those up! How do you decide what to try and what to pass on? I use... well... I guess you'd call it experimental? haha Without saying too much, one team of people I work with developed a new way of "formulating" for the human body. I've been using their latest product as their guinea pig and I've been blown away by it. But I've never been into the skin care thing before, so I'm going to look into all the great suggestions here to see if I get similar results with those products, or if they've really got a home run on their hands. I have particularly sensitive skin on my neck after shaving, so that's what really got me thinking, "there has to be SOMEthing good enough to help!"

Again, thanks for the GREAT replies everyone! I'll be lurking around today and reading the other forums and getting educated.
See ya around!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
hi Nate I'm up in Canada a newbie as well. What am I interested in, what we all are at one point or another- anti aging to find a product that actually delivers results. Good luck finding what you are looking for,, hope ya find it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks mony!
The anti-aging science really fascinates me, but I'm surprised at how many products really miss the mark with their ingredient choices. Hope we get it figured out!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello and Welcome! My recent likes have been SkinCeuticals, Kinerase and iSClinical. I have been using C E Ferulic and B-5 serum, I have recently added a 1.0% Retinol but I alternate that at night with my iSClinical Active and Youth serum's. I also experiment a lot because I have really dry skin, with these products, I do not have to moisturize as much as I used too so that is a good thing for me because I used to have to bathe in Kinerase Cream (thicker consistency than the lotion). Anyway, glad you joined.

What interest you in the skin care industry? Is this more of a research project?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting. I see as I've been browsing the other forums here today that there's a large amount of DIY formulations and such. I'll look around at the items you mentioned as well.

My interest is more on the research side, I guess you could say. My recent interaction with the test product sparked my interest for two reasons:

1. It was scientifically hand formulated
  2. Instantly, visibly more effective than any commercial product I used previously

I had never thought much about it before, but I began to think, "Why is the skin care market so saturated with products that are only fairly decent no matter what the price tag?"

So I thought I'd start to interact with a few communities and see what people are saying who have hands-on experience with this stuff. I certainly didn't expect to stumble into a virtual laboratory with so many variations! But it makes sense. Everyone's skin is as unique as the person it surrounds. So all of this is very fascinating to me and I hope to learn what the skin care community as a whole is really seeking (outside of "results").

Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts