Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been told i have melasma and the doctor as prescribe me with Pigmanorm cream. I was wondering if anyone is using it or have used it? If they have what the side effects are or what results they got from using it. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi...been using pignaorm for 2 weeks...trying it on area on forehead before I move to other areas as I am not sure what the result would be. So far peeling in the first few days and then nothing. Skin looks shiny so preparing to peel again I guess. Also gone darker in appearance. Will keep you posted..how are you getting on with it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Saffron thankgoodness someone else is using it!
Ive been using it for 2 wks of an area on my forehead like you to see if i get any bad reaction. Had a slight peeling (nothing much) but it as gone shinny, but other than that not much difference. From tomorrow i will be using it on other arears of my skin, so fingers cross it will start to work soon. Whats going to be difficult for me is im going on holiday in 2 weeks so its going to be so hard applying that, sunblock and trying to keep out of the sun!
Please keep in touch as it good to compare how you are getting on with it, hope all goes well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi..yes it is good to share as we have started around similar times. I only use it at night time because the sun could make it worse.Also I have only started on my forehead and will continue with the next month or so before starting any other area to ensure there is no atrophy of the skin (darkening of skin). Skin looks wrinkly, almost cracks when I make an expression before peeling. My GP refuses to prescribe it as the hopstial prescribed it and because it's new to this country am having problems with repeat prescription. Where did you get it from? I have been told it's on special order and takes around 7 days to arrive from Germany. I am also trying ayurvedic paste and oil on another area so will keep you posted on that as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya, i have gone private that how i got the cream.
From Friday i started to apply twice daily to the areas that require it but to be honest i havent seen much difference only a slight peeling. Just have to keep going and see what happens.
Where did u get ayurvedic paste and oil from i have heard of that, im willing to try anything!
Hope everything is going ok with u and i will be in touch soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have stopped using pigmanor as skin is becoming inflammed and taking layers of my skin..looking a little lighter but not better..it's the cortisone. I got the paste from ayurvedic clinic in Southall. I have also heard that castor oil removes the pigament so may give that a go as well during the night time. If anything should work I promise to share with the world FOR FREE

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, sorry to hear you had to stop using it. My skin as become alittle red and chapped, but it does look as though it as faded slightly. So i am going to carry on using it and see what the outcome is.
Good luck with whatever you try and please let me know how you are getting on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi was still wondering if anyone else was using this cream, to compare what their experience/results are. I am still using it and have found that it as faded alittle, got a few more weeks still left to use it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi...been using pignaorm for 2 weeks...trying it on area on forehead before I move to other areas as I am not sure what the result would be. So far peeling in the first few days and then nothing. Skin looks shiny so preparing to peel again I guess. Also gone darker in appearance. Will keep you posted..how are you getting on with it?
Hi, i've been using pigmanorm for 3 days now after being prescribed it by a Dermatologist. Like yourself i have experienced mild peeling and the area looks darker(like a sun burn)Problem is i don't know if i should continue using it or not. This whole experience what with the dermatologist fees and the cost of the cream has been over £200, so i don't really want to give up. Would be really good to hear how you're getting on and if you've got any advice. Will keep you updated. Catherine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,on my last wk of using the cream and im pleased with the results. As already mentioned i had a slight peeling and skin as gone alittle red in certain areas and more sensitive but it didnt go darker. Melasma is slightly visible but nothing like it was, i just hope that it doesnt reappear. If u have any worries i would contact yr dermatologist, i did whenever i had any concerns. Im going to see my dermatologist next wk i will let u know how i get on. Thanks for the post on this forum it seems like not many people have used this cream. Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just to keep you updated.. the redness and peeling has now stopped so i've started using the cream twice a day. I hope so much it works. Any idea how long it takes? Glad to hear things are going well for you. Please stay in touch. Catherine,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi to everyone,

I have been to see a private consultant about my Melasma. It is mainly on my forehead, he suggested using Pigmanorm cream. For three months I have been waiting for it to appear in the post, apparently there is stock shortage etc. The staff at the private clinic are very apologetic and are still actively chasing it up! I should know more tomorrow.

This message is just to say thanks for the above posts, they are very helpful indeed, and when i eventually receive my cream , I will let you know how I am getting on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to let you know, that my cream arrived in the post today. My consultants secretary was excellent in chasing it up for me. I will start to use it today and post the results soon. I was told to apply it once a day, I may do it twice a day eventually - depending on how It's reacting with my skin .

Thanks all!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hiya

I had to wait 2 wks for my cream to arrive and it took a few wks to start to notice the fading, but i did go on hols a few wks into the treatment to a sunny climate and i was using sun block and swimming alot so im not sure if that affected the strength of the cream. I had slight peeling throughout on different parts of my face and reddness throughout which still have, my skin also became dry and sensitive.

However it was well worth it the results are great!
I had an appointment with the consulant and he is also pleased with the result. I was told the reddness will fade within the next few wks. And recommended that i use a daily moisturiser with a spf of aleast 15 and sun protection in the sunny months.

I explained my concerns about it re-accuring and he seemed to think that it was linked to me taking the birth control pill and as long as i stick to what i recommended i should be fine.

So if you are using it i hope that this information helps you and good luck x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

Just to let you know that I,ve been using Pigmanorn cream for six days now. My skin has become very dry and slightly sore in places where there is no Melasma. I can honestly say that I can see a slight difference already. I am a little worried about my eye lids, where the cream must have touched - they are red at the moment and quite sore! I will persevere, hopefully It will be worth it in the end. Any more feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Cherryb

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, sounds promising...Know what you mean about skin becoming a bit dry though,Still nothing a coating of moisturiser can't sort out! Good news is i can definitely see the difference now. My friends have even commented. Just wish i'd heard about it before i spent all that money on laser, microdermabrasion and the many creams claiming to help. Really hope the hyperpigmentation goes completely. Feel quite positive. Really interested about how you're getting on and anyone else using it so keep in touch. Good luck everyone. Catherine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Catherine, your input is really helpful, thanks so much. I used my usual Simple moisturising lotion to coat my eye lids - Oh my god , they were on fire. So then I cleaned the area and used good old E45 cream. Amazingly they are no longer red and sore (although I didn't re-apply anymore Pigmanorm for 24 hours allowing things to settle down).I asked my consultant about having Microdermabrasion, but he said it wouldn't work, I know he wasn't giving me the brush off because he could of made quite a bit of money out of me ( I was really chuffed ). Skin is still peeling and I am very happy. Cheers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello im using pigmanorm for 3 weeks so far on my hands and back for hyperpigmentation i can see only a slight improvement , do u think i should continue with this medication??especially that im having now a very dry and irritating skin.thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi betty99, your skin reaction to the Pigmanorm cream, sounds familiar. My skin was irritable on the areas that required the cream and very sore on areas that did not require the cream ( I must have accidently spread the cream to unaffected areas ). To give my skin some breathing space, I applied E45 cream to the problem areas and refrained from using the Pigmanorm cream for 24 hrs. After 2 weeks, my skin is still peeling,but looking a hell of a lot better. My youngest can't believe the difference!!! If you are seriously concerned, then seek medical advice, I sincerely wish you all the best.
Keep in touch. xxx Where are everyone using this cream? It has gone quiet lately, let us know how you are getting on.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts