Skin Care Talk banner
161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Alison, I know what it feels like.. it sucks.. Im in the same situation as many of us are.. we are trying more preventative sunscreens with more zinc oxidide and spf.. we are using different products that claim to brighten and fix our melasma and pigment issues... Its soo hard to know what to use.. when to use it.. for how long and if its doing anything or even making it worse?? I started a couple weeks ago with the Magnesium and Vitamin C and Folic Acid supplements... which now I feel like my stomach is bloated and im wondering if its from those?? and I also use the Hydroquinone 4% but it was making it darker.. i think from the sun so now im just using it mixed with the retina at night.. and using a new sunscreen called burn out.. but now im breaking out on my upper lip from the darn sunscreen UHHHHHHHHH soo annoying.. and in the sun Im wearing a hat but im sweating soo bad and breakin out on my forehead from the moisture ... is there even an answer for this crap? im starting to wonder myself.. i just orderd Murad skin lightening pigment serum and we will see what that does...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel such a loser today, because I am happy there is no sun!!!!
If anyone wants to start a melasma treatment that requires bleaching agent, I suggest you do it in the winter, when the sun is not that bright, or else you will have to hide like vampires.
To be honest, I have found no sunscreen/ sunblock that actually protects very well. No matter what, my spots will get darker, even when I wear sunblock, if I do not stay away from the sun. They are not going to get extremely dark as before, but they are visible, at least to my trained eye!
I use a zinc sunblock, which I have only found at Selfridges. Damn, I cannot remember the name right now, but it has white and orange packaging.
However, I was in Greece in April and I wore: normal sunscreen, then my sunblock on top, and then make-up, no hat, and I have to say, my spots didn't get darker!!!!! So, maybe, make-up could be helping. It covers the face, so it is bound to block the sun-rays!
I was in Jamaica in November, no make-up, just sunblock and a hat all the time, and my spots didn't get darker. So, I think the hat does help a lot...
Anyway, there is no easy fix, no easy solution. Melasma is so much more than just spots on the face, it's a manifestation of another problem which needs to be fixed first, in order to get rid of melasma.
I have nightmares that I am out in the sun without sunscreen or a hat... I get paranoid when the sun is out... I bloody hate it, but by taking simple measures, I can live with it ...

Apologies for the long reply

·
Banned
33,049 Posts
Esthederm photo reverse. It's expensive but very good. x .
Wow! 64 Euros for a 50ml tube???? I like the tinosorbs in it tho Im not sure I need all the peptides/ATP/extracts in it cuz i wear a decent serum and cream under my SS that has everything I need already. But anyway, the ingreds:

INGREDIENTS: Aqua/ Water. Dicaprylyl Carbonate (.good emollient and does not leave an oily film on the skin) Octocrylene (organic compound can penetrate into the skin where it acts as a photosensitizer). Methylene Bis-Benzotriazoyl Tetramethylbutylphenol (TINOSORB M). Butyl Methoxydibenzoneylmethane (AVOBENZONE), Dipropylene Glycol. Bis-Ethylhexyloxphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (TINOSORB S). Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier, humectant (moisture retainer), and moisturizer), Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone ,Behenate, PEG100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Artemia Extract (It activates cell functions, as well as protects the DNA from UV-B), Carnosine (is an active anti-aging substance), Algae Extract, Disodium Adenosine Triphosphate (,acidity regulator ) Hexapeptide-2, Decyl Glyucoside, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C20-22 Alcohols, Xantam Gum, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlophenesin, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All

I have found an online stockist where you can buy Pigmanorm for £60 - no script needed - its in the UK & they post out to you the same day - I will receive my tube tomorrow

outlineskincare 08453899586

You need to phone the number and the nurse talks to you , you give your date of birth and send a photo of face! (scary but needs must) and she then phones you back and you pay - job done

Good Luck all I will keep you posted on how I get on but I will start to us my cream very sparingly

xxxx love to all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All

I have found an online stockist where you can buy Pigmanorm for £60 - no script needed - its in the UK & they post out to you the same day - I will receive my tube tomorrow

outlineskincare 0845 3899586

You need to phone the number and the nurse talks to you , you give your date of birth and send a photo of face! (scary but needs must) and she then phones you back and you pay - job done

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI all, I am new to this site but have read almost everything on Pigmanorm. I got my tube from Germany ( a friend who works as gyneacologist was able to get me the prescription) for 20 EURO. I am terrified to start using it because of all the warnings and side effects. I did a laser treatment in April this year and the patches I could barely see are much darker now and not covered by any make up. They just seem ashy/grey/dirty under foundation. Before tha laser I could cover easily with just foundation. I regret going to laser treatment. I pharmacist who saw me said that it had burnt my skin and now it will be most difficult to treat those areas
((
Anyone with good long term experience please let me know as i dont want to make my problem worse than it is and I know that it's possible for that to happen, even though i feel like the ugliest patchy person in the world.
x
L

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Allison
sorry i didnot read your message because i didnot knew about the private message . If you or any one need the pigmanorm i have one spare i can just post it to u. If u send me the adress. i m giving one cream because i have got two extra and if it helps someone i will b glad to send one cream to any body who need it. thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Leona, your message made me feel so sad. Remember you see your patches as much worse than they probably are. I have found that looking in a mirror and seeing photos makes patches look so much worse.A friend said mine look much lighter than they do in the mirror!
As for Pigmanorm, give it a go. It has changed my life. I'm much more confident now, I just have to be really careful... No sun or sun block! During the treatment I felt pretty scared as patches looked worse for a short while and my skin was sore and peeled a bit but quite quickly you'll learn how to use it and what your skin can tolerate and hopefully after a few weeks you'll feel so much better. In the mean time there's special cover up make you can get... Ask your GP. Good Luck. Keep positive and I'm sure you're NOT ugly. Take care. Catherine. x .

·
Registered
12 Posts
you are certainly not ugly - our skin patches that we have are often seen my ourselfs as being 100 times worse than they are - I hate my face - I hate my patches - I long for clear skin - I flawless upper lip - never having to cover up !!! Keep strong and stay positive - we are all beautiful on the inside and remember there are millions of us fighting out skin blotches together - hoping one day to be blob free!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Cat & Alison...Your support made me feel a lot better
:-*

I get told the same thing by some of my friends - that I am exaggerating and that they have only noticed it because I happen to obssess about it and point it out to them. Rarely ever does it happen that someone notices it without me mentioning it... One girl asked me if she could catch it from me...lol

I try to ignore it but sometimes it really gets me down. I used to be such a lively person loving sun and summer and the beach. Now I get very depressed at the thought of seeing the sun as my enemy. I was so jealous of my friend 2 weeks ago while on a holiday- she got nice chocolaty even tan while I sat in the shade covered with vampire-like SPF 50 Avene (and still my patches got darker). I was not fun! It is so difficult to have fun with that pressure of making sure your face does not get any sun!!! grrr...

I will start Pigmanorm end of September, because I live very close to Greece and the climate is almost the same as there (hot,hot,hot right now)...
Is that late enough? Or should I wait until October because I read that sun can make pigmentation worse while treated with Pigmanorm..

Also, any particular brand of make-up I can use?
I currently use some low-cost concealer and foundation but not sure if its quality is good enough.

Again, thanks a lot for the support and for the answers
I appreaciate it and it really makes a difference!
x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Cat & Alison...Your support made me feel a lot better
:-*

I get told the same thing by some of my friends - that I am exaggerating and that they have only noticed it because I happen to obssess about it and point it out to them. Rarely ever does it happen that someone notices it without me mentioning it... One girl asked me if she could catch it from me...lol

I try to ignore it but sometimes it really gets me down. I used to be such a lively person loving sun and summer and the beach. Now I get very depressed at the thought of seeing the sun as my enemy. I was so jealous of my friend 2 weeks ago while on a holiday- she got nice chocolaty even tan while I sat in the shade covered with vampire-like SPF 50 Avene (and still my patches got darker). I was not fun! It is so difficult to have fun with that pressure of making sure your face does not get any sun!!! grrr...

I will start Pigmanorm end of September, because I live very close to Greece and the climate is almost the same as there (hot,hot,hot right now)...
Is that late enough? Or should I wait until October because I read that sun can make pigmentation worse while treated with Pigmanorm..

Also, any particular brand of make-up I can use?
I currently use some low-cost concealer and foundation but not sure if its quality is good enough.

Again, thanks a lot for the support and for the answers
I appreaciate it and it really makes a difference!
x
Hi, i'd definitely use pigmanorm in the winter months... just in case. As for make up, I went to my GP and asked for concealer. Mine's called Dermacolour Camouflage. You'll need to be skin colour matched but if you can get it, it does cover up any patches.Obviously once you've used the pigmanorm you won't need it anymore (fingers crossed). Now days all I use is a cream called Luminixyl which has very mixed reviews but in my opinion helps to keep my patches from gettng darker along with sun block every day even in the winter, oh and a hat! Good luck and if you need anybody to have a moan at.... I'm here. Catherine. xxxx

161 - 180 of 202 Posts