Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this site.

I've had recurring skin issues since junior high. Nothing really bad enough to consider it a "condition", or to feel I should see a derm, but bad enough to make me not want to leave the house sometimes. My skin definitely keeps my self esteem lower, if it's not looking as good as I want it to. I've had: dry-ish skin in the winter (that occasionally peels on my nose), sensitivity esp. in the chin area which has a tendency to get red, if I cleanse too harshly. Other than that, and what is much worse, is that I have extremely oily skin...something that leads me to over cleanse. Very large (extremely noticeable) pores, my skin is an oil slick by mid day, and very acne prone, mostly on chin area and cheeks, occasionally forehead but mostly chin. This causes me to pay too much attention to that area hence a sensitivity to many products. I was using a cleanser with benzoyl peroxide for a while, until I developed sensitivity to it, out of no where. Now I stay far away. I also have pale skin, pretty much alabaster, tiny capillaries, and wear lots of sun screen (making my skin even more acne prone). I just recently bought a cleanser that uses both salycylic acid (my skin likes), and AHA, which is new to me. I'm trying to bust the aging issue and the noticeable pore/acne issue, all at once. Also, I recently tried washing my skin in less "hot" water, more tepid.

I know this was too long winded! Any advice would definitely be appreciated!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Welcome-Lacie

Yes you are doing the right thing by staying away from the benzoyl peroxide products. They cause you more harm than good. Salicylic acid is the better way to go with acne problems.

The other thing is try not to wash too often. Two times a day, morning and night are perfect. If you want to try exfoliating a little, try getting a baby brush and use that with your cleanser everyother night or so. The baby brush is gentle but yet very effective.

Best of luck-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts