Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deja here,

I'm so glad I found this sight. I'm 53 and have noticed my skin has aged a great deal over the last three years. I have the sagging face, turkey neck, deep lines on both sides of my chin, large pores, and age spots. Yes, I did bake in the sun back in the seventies. Everything that might cause aging has left its mark. Stress, sleep lost, post menopause, sleep loss, hysterectomy, and now gastrointestinal problems that effect nutrition are some examples.
I am, however, addressing each of those criminals. Sticking to a life style change is easier for me when I'm in a positive state of mind and feel I look healthy....and young.
I can not afford the high cost treatment options, so I hope to find some products that might lesson these skin problems.
I have tried a few different things and hopefully will be able to contribute information as well.

Cheers from a hopeful newcomer!​

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome...I just happened to find this site to. Nice to meet you. Welcome to check out anti-aging skin care information that may help your many needs thru profile while your surfing this great informative site. hope its helpful...

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey nice to meet you DejaVu .. yep, that comes to us all, but you sound as though you are fighting it and pulling back some years, good on ya.. you deserve a little trophy for that me thinks

welcome, and see you around

be well

blaze

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi DejaVu!! A return to yourself!

Things that work for me:

FlexEffect facial exercise and massage
Retin-A
Vitamin C Serum
Baby Q LED light
High UVA/UVB sunscreen
Dr Hauschka products
Too many supplements to mention on one page!!
Aerobic exercise and weight training

....to mention a few!!

What things are working for you now?? We hope you like it here and find some good ideas!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Illusion! Glad to meet you. It looks like you bring some knowledge to (I agree) this already informative sight. DejaVu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey nice to meet you DejaVu .. yep, that comes to us all, but you sound as though you are fighting it and pulling back some years, good on ya.. you deserve a little trophy for that me thinks

welcome, and see you around

be well

blaze
Hi Blaze, I hope I will find some direction....backwards. There is some incredible information on this site. I will be hanging around! Thanks for the greeting! Deja

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi DejaVu!! A return to yourself!

Things that work for me:

FlexEffect facial exercise and massage
Retin-A
Vitamin C Serum
Baby Q LED light
High UVA/UVB sunscreen
Dr Hauschka products
Too many supplements to mention on one page!!
Aerobic exercise and weight training

....to mention a few!!

What things are working for you now?? We hope you like it here and find some good ideas!!
Wonderful to meet you Fawnie. I've already read a few of your posts. I'm guessing you are well schooled in this arena! I read your information concerning the difference between Retinol and Retin A. What valuable insight you gave. I'd love a little more information on Baby Q LED light and Dr Hauschka products.

I've tried the collagen fillers, and expensive (no ingredients sighted) moisturisers, and a few firming moisturizers sold in drug stores...such as Loreal. Nothing has helped except in my mind. When I caught a closeup glimpse of my face in the bright light of day; wow, saggier than ever and wrinkles I did not know had arrived.

I guess nothing has worked. Well, I know nothing has worked. I wanted to order the Retin A form the pharmacies you recommended. I will when I get around my overly sceptical hub. It is not the product, but the pharmacy shipping cost. He has other concerns.

I also believe my Gyno. and my Family Dr. would suggest sticking with a good diet and exercise. No doubt, they would also advise, "Aging is a part of life. Use a good sunblock and forget it.". Being post menopausal can be disheartening enough. I've had many physical changes. Calcium + D, sun blocks, free weight lifting, and etc. have not helped.

I want that hormone replacement product...it has a bit of Testosterone which is suppose to slow edging and improve some of the signs...such as rapid wrinkling...lol. I wish I could think of a better way of putting that.

I mentioned the HRT for post menopause women, because I am wondering if this has helped anyone else as far as aging skin is concerned. This is really a challenge. Deja

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome DÃa9jÃ*Vu & Illusion! I can't wait to hear what products you are using and does it work?
Hi Mariepop! I have tried a few things with no results at all. Be assured, if and when I find that or those products....I will post the news all over! Deja

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
DejaVu, I also had collagen injections for my lips, and that was around 1995 and it only looked nice for a week, I believe from swelling, and after a week, I did not see any difference. Later I went for Artecol done by a derm, Artecol was very good, plumped my lips and lasted for a good 5 years, also did the nasolabial folds but left a little bump. I complained about it and did not offer solutions and I also have done it by a surgeon and he also did not offer a solution. Back then I did not know what could be done but now I read that there is a solution it's to have an incision to remove it, I'm not brave enough. I'm more afraid of having it removed, will that be another botch ? and who will do this? I found a page that reviews on fillers Acne.org - Augmentation Reviews
So far nothing have worked for me neither, I will have a look at Retin A!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts