Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My name is Arnas, I'm 19 years old, student from United Kingdom, Essex. I came here seeking for advice and useful hygiene and beauty tips from people with experience.

I've been having quite an active lifestyle over these past 2 years, studies, work, socializing and so, all this brought me to smoking, bad eating and sleeping habits. Now I'm concerned about my health of which skin is an important part.

I have mixed type face skin and semi-oily (I have a lot of moles) body skin. I still have spots on my face and back from time to time, also my face skin keeps changing, it's either too oily or too dry. I only use Clearasil products for it, I've tried couple of other product lines, but the effect is to be seen only at the very beginning. I'm not really sure what I should do to keep my skin clean and... one color 24/7.

I have a few other issues I'd like to solve, but if anyone's got a straight advice for a skin like mine, do not hesitate and reply.

I think I've written too much as for a first post, but oh well...

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Welcome arnas! Here is some really really basic info about oily skin. You may already know all of this, but it's a good place to start anyway.

What other products have you tried?
You are quitting smoking, right??

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
Welcome arnas-

Have you tried any other products besides Clearasil? My advice would be to stick with anything containing salicylic acid. There are several to choose from at your local pharmacy. Neutrogena has a large selection of face products, as does Biore.

Yes, I am with Fawnie-kick the smoking habit to the curb!! Not a good habit to have-

·
Registered
0 Posts
exercise is the most significant thing you can do to keep your skin vibrant. Of course, not smoking is important. They're not cheap but dermologica offers a wide variety of regimes and solutions for specific problems. If you can invest a little, I'd give that a try/

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am a few months short of 60. I exercise 1/2 hour a day (since I was 19), avoid fatty foods and have focused on antiaging products and exfoliating, pore shrinking products. I'm always looking for suggestions for these issues, especially exfoliation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts