Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. this is, just, a friendly hey and a warning to stay off of

m o n o b e n z o n e . n e t . I was looking around on this site and noticed the owner has come here, also. They talk about offering 20% - 100% hydroquinone, then people get it and it's watery and brown. They've stolen from so many people. Some didn't recieve anything at all. If the moderator of this site could make this warning a sticky, that'd be great. I, just, can't sit here and watch people lose money without typing something. On the other site, they have a number of names. Two of their names even have the same join date on the other site.

Just please, AVOID THAT SITE! That 20%-102% Hydroquinone having site is a scam!

Please, please be patient and don't waste your money.

Have a great week!

GoddessOfEarth

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Wow!! Thanks for the warning-that is nice of you to pass along the info!! Many here will thank you for this!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I THOUGHT SO! There's a particular person here whom I began suspecting had something to do with that site. I had ordered out of curiosity. The HQ 10% was a sickly foamy brown mess that I intuitively felt uncomfortable with. The mono was fluorescent pink & all foamy. Neither smelled the way mono or HQ do. They did deliver rapidly & w/o hassle & they were polite & helpful over the phone, but their products just do not measure up. As a consequence, I do not forward them as a source to anyone. I've found a good source for my mono. If you know of some authentic sources for higher that 4% HQ & for mono 20%, please pm them to me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I read your chats from February. Very sad. :.( I believe a doctor can prescribe up to 10%. I don't know of any sources, yet. I want to search on the net, but too many shady, ruthless vendors. I'll just use my WalMart bought products, for now.

Bio Claire soap gives me a good peel. I use it for my body. I, also, use Fair And White AHA soap (orange color,alpha hydroxy acid) from the beauty supply store. Just a warning, Bio Claire soap peeled me for some days. Moisture's a must. It gave me about a half shade of lightening. It really helps my product/s get maximum results. However, I don't use either of these soaps on my face. I use Neutrogena (soap bar).

I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM ONLINE LIGHTENING PRODUCTS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE NOWADAYS. Haven't ordered online lightening in a while.

:.)

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Actually, all 3 of the sources I currently use are online. They have all proven reliable & the products I've received do what they're supposed to do. You have to be careful wherever you shop. The store shelves are replete with products that make extravagant false claims. these products are sold in flashy TV ads that insinuate that they are an alternative to surgical procedures then in fine print state that 'results not equal to surgical procedures'. Another well known company sells a hoe microdermabrasion kit implying that it'll save you a trip to a derm. Well, the fine print says '11 treatments with their product = 1 treatment from a derm' (making the home kit MUCH more expensive in the long run). Wouldn't it be nice if the law cracked down on companies with misleading ads? THe impact of the visual graphics overwhelms the viewer & they mightn't even see the fine print. Even the language in the ads misleads: I have warned many here against ads that make claims like "improve the look of" "helps improve the appearance of the signs of.." "helps reduce the appearance of 'spots' or 'marks' (unless you are a leopard or a dalmatian, you don't have 'spots'; you may have freckles or lentigines but not spots; 'marks' wash off with soap over time). 'Whitens skin' 'brightens skin' 'makes skin glow' 'gives total fairness' 'purifies' 'tones'. These terms make no sense whatsoever & a desperate viewer hears what they want. THis brings me to that website. It carries a host of 'bleaching' products but carefully doesn't clearly state what these products do. They don't even list safety warnings such as CAUTION: monobenzone70% will dissolve your head Sure you'll be white, though because BONES are white!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'Disolve your head'......LOL!!!!!!!! I only use what I research. I use Ambi and Nadinola. I was using the Neutrogena(love their bar of soap) microdermabrasion kit, until I discovered St.Ives Apricot scrub. I saw the St.Ives commercial once, then no more. It was like it was sent to me. That scrub leaves my face totally smooth. Also, sometimes, those tiny Neutrogena microdermabraision crystals would get under my skin and cause bumps. St.Ives for me. :.)

I read all of EVERY part of the box/container of products I use. Front, back, sides, inside, top, and bottom.

It's good you found a decent online seller. That means there's still hope of honest people!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Many people seem to love the Neutrogena glycerine soaps. Many people also love the Dove beauty bars. I wash my face with spectro-gel & so far, so good. As for soap on my body, I use Mistral soaps. They are hard milled French soaps that are sold in large format. They smell heavenly, clean thoroughly w/o leaving a 'residue' feeling on the skin like 'body washes' can. I've also used a pure shea butter soap. Now, since I am undergoing a lightening regimen, I use a kojic/papaya soap & I'm waiting for my Likas papaya soap to arrive. You are smart to read everything on the package; many people skip this step.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you so much for this...and I was so close to ordering from them too =\\

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ondine, you look so pretty and exotic! I like french-milled soaps. If I didn't have 9,000 different soaps to go though, I'd probably be on the Mistral bandwagon, too! LOL!

So glad to have helped, ChinaDoll.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Mistral is worth a shot for sure: it doesn't whiten but the stuff comes in every scent imaginable & leaves you super clean. Makes the morning shower a pleasure!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Mistral is worth a shot for sure: it doesn't whiten but the stuff comes in every scent imaginable & leaves you super clean. Makes the morning shower a pleasure!
Ondine - I live in Toronto. Do you know of any local stores that would carry this Mistral soap, or do you order it online? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I order it online & there are a few local boutiques that carry it. Sorry, I do not know about TO. If you call them, they ought to be able to tell you who sells them in your area. Google the name & you'll get the site. They often have great 'specials' that make it worthwhile to stock up for gifts for the holidays since they 'keep' almost forever. They have matching bubble baths, fragrances etc. All with the same French quality.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bumpity, bump, bump, bump

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doing my own type of 'sticky'. LOL!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
This is a good one to periodically bump up as there are always new people who could unwittingly buy from this company.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hey guys! The infamous rip-off site m o n o b e n z o n e . n e t is GONE! They've taken it down! I don't know whether they've been legally prosecuted or if angry consumers bombarded them for refunds. I'll be watching for any info about them. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for any reincarnation of these scammers under another name. GOOD RIDDANCE!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know I haven't been on here for a while but, BUMP CLUMP! They'reeee backk with an altered layout to their site.

I checked to see if they were gone just now.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Oh no!
Like getting rid of termites!
I'm off to check out their latest incarnation.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
HOLY CRAP! They are back with a vengeance. Their latest site even hawks so-called "Glutathione Pills" & "INJECTIONS" to the general public!

In the HQ dept, they go up to 20% in a cream (way too high)
In the mono dept., you can get 40% cream (guaranteed to remove your head!)

They provide no info about what their creams contain (other than the 1 active ingredient) what they are supposed to do or how to use them correctly. Please lets keep this thread bumped up. There have been many new members in the past week or so who likely have no idea that these people are scammers.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts